Hard drives fail after one month of usage

Aug 6, 2018
I purchased a new rig a few months ago. After one month, I was faced with a corrupted/failing hard drive. The system stopped recognizing the drive in the file explorer and device manager. I was given a replacement and it initially worked completely fine. But after a month, the same issues re-surfaced with the new HDD.

I noticed that when both HDD's started to act up, startup took a lot longer even though my SSD (boot drive) was completely fine. I have also noticed a unique clicking sound during startup as well, which I believe is the HDD trying to start.

Specs

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99 Ultra Gaming

Memory: ADATA XPG DDR4 2400 MHz 8GB

Memory: ADATA XPG DDR4 2400 MHz 8GB

Storage HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Previous HDD was also Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Storage SSD (boot): Corsair XTI Neutron Series 240GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Power Supply: Gigabyte P650B 650W

I usually look at Backblaze hard drive reliability stats.
I think Seagate and WD has the highest failure rate. It has improved but if you end up with one of those high failure drives they won't last.
I usually buy Hitachi (HGST) and Toshiba 2, 3 and 4TB.

Aug 6, 2018

My OS is unable to recognize the drive, so the dropdown menu does not display the drive letter. The drive itself does not show up in neither the file explorer nor disk management.

Aug 6, 2018

I just found that the date of manufacture on both drives were from 2012. So I probably will look into a more recent model.

That is terrible. Contact support here. If you have any trouble let me know.

Aug 6, 2018

On startup, my hard drive sounds very similar to the sound made in this video It will go on for about 5-10 seconds, then stop.

Contact support in this case.

Aug 6, 2018

Ok, thank you for the help

Aug 6, 2018

Just my luck. Thanks for the help