Hard Drives not showing up in boot order

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnct0005

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I have an ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3, and I'm having some problems with the boot order. I have made lots of changes since I originally built the computer, but it has been working fine up until recently. My most recent update to the rig was that I added an SSD. I did a clean install of windows, and set it up so the SSD was first in the boot order, followed by the old hard drive, then the optical drive. I did some updates to some unrelated software the other day, and when it restarted, it wouldn't boot. It went to the Motherboard screen and then switched to black. I suspected somehow the boot order got mixed up, so I went into the BIOS only to find that both my SSD and HDD do not show up in the boot order dialogue. I found this weird, but even weirder is that if I hold f11 on boot and "boot from" all of my drives appear, and I can boot normally from my SSD. It's not the end of the world to do this every time I restart, but I wouldn't mind fixing the problem. Thanks in advance for the help!

fnct0005

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

Thanks a lot. Worked like a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.