Question Hard drives show up in bios but won't boot.

Jul 16, 2021
Hello. I've had a PC new and built, running on about 6+ months with no problems. One day I turn the PC off and move it to another room. (Its a tiny little desk case) and when I plug it back in and turn it on. It goes directly to BIOS. Both of the hard drives show up in the storage area and all of their information is shown but for whatever reason, they will not boot. Nothing was dropped or unplugged (except for external wires), and nothing was changed.

I've read just about every solution to this problem but to no avail.

This happened once before and all I had to do was enable CSM and it worked. The only difference is that this time CSM won't let me enable it and clearing boot keys won't work (which is disabling secure boot according to others). I'm at a loss here. Using an ASUS rog strix motherboard and WINDOWS 10.

Hello. I've had a PC new and built, running on about 6+ months with no problems. One day I turn the PC off and move it to another room. (Its a tiny little desk case) and when I plug it back in and turn it on. It goes directly to BIOS. Both of the hard drives show up in the storage area and all of their information is shown but for whatever reason, they will not boot. Nothing was dropped or unplugged (except for external wires), and nothing was changed.

I've read just about every solution to this problem but to no avail.

This happened once before and all I had to do was enable CSM and it worked. The only difference is that this time CSM won't let me enable it and clearing boot keys won't work (which is disabling secure boot according to others). I'm at a loss here. Using an ASUS rog strix motherboard and WINDOWS 10.
There's a issue with your bios battery for one is what this tells me. The lithium battery on the mobo is there to stop things like this from happening. When you unplugg your computer theres no energy to keep the bios info how it was set so they incorporated a battery on the mobo to save the bios info how it was set by the owner. When you power the pc on you said it goes straight to the bios??? So it dons't tell you that theres no boot device or anything like that connected does it?

Jul 16, 2021
It does this exactly.

I hit the power button, Screen comes up saying republic of gamers (Press del or F2 to enter UEFI Bios settings) and then instead of going to the windows screen to login, it just goes to the bios instead.

I've got the same type of Motherboard on another computer and it shows the same first screen and then loads up fine. This one doesn't.

It doesn't mention that no boot device is connected anywhere before the BIOS screen.

It does this exactly.

I hit the power button, Screen comes up saying republic of gamers (Press del or F2 to enter UEFI Bios settings) and then instead of going to the windows screen to login, it just goes to the bios instead.

I've got the same type of Motherboard on another computer and it shows the same first screen and then loads up fine. This one doesn't.

It doesn't mention that no boot device is connected anywhere before the BIOS screen.
Okay so the issue you are having is most likley your pc forgot it's boot order and you just need to go to the boot section of the bios and tell the system to boot from the os drive.

Jul 16, 2021
The boot section has the "UEFI mode" and the "other OS" option. Neither work.

The secure boot says "user" next to it. Don't know if that means anything.

If I plug in a random USB, it actually shows up on the boot menu but of course, there's nothing to boot from on the USB