I recently installed a second hard drive on my computer...the drive came out
of my old computer which doesn't work due to power issues..i have a lot of
files i need to get off of there and onto my new one...everytime i try to
access the files on the old drive it gives me an error message saying access
is denied...can anyone help me????

You need to take ownership of the files. Take a look here for the
procedure:

Nepatsfan
"Jeskalee" <Jeskalee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently installed a second hard drive on my computer...the
>drive came out
> of my old computer which doesn't work due to power issues..i
> have a lot of
> files i need to get off of there and onto my new
> one...everytime i try to
> access the files on the old drive it gives me an error message
> saying access
> is denied...can anyone help me????

my god ur a lifesaver!!! thanks so much, great info

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

> You need to take ownership of the files. Take a look here for the
> procedure:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421
>
> --
> Nepatsfan
> "Jeskalee" <Jeskalee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently installed a second hard drive on my computer...the
> >drive came out
> > of my old computer which doesn't work due to power issues..i
> > have a lot of
> > files i need to get off of there and onto my new
> > one...everytime i try to
> > access the files on the old drive it gives me an error message
> > saying access
> > is denied...can anyone help me????

You're welcome. Glad to hear you recovered your files.

--
> my god ur a lifesaver!!! thanks so much, great info
>
> "Nepatsfan" wrote:
>
>> You need to take ownership of the files. Take a look here for
>> the
>> procedure:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421
>>
>> --
>> Nepatsfan
>> "Jeskalee" <Jeskalee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I recently installed a second hard drive on my computer...the
>> >drive came out
>> > of my old computer which doesn't work due to power issues..i
>> > have a lot of
>> > files i need to get off of there and onto my new
>> > one...everytime i try to
>> > access the files on the old drive it gives me an error
>> > message
>> > saying access
>> > is denied...can anyone help me????

i hope iam doing this right. i turned my computer on today and when i went
to the my computer selection under the start menu all of my hardrives have
disappeared ( removable , a drive , cd rom drives and burners) . the only
thing showing is the documents folder with the specific user names example :
bobs documents susans documents and shared documents thats it. what
happened to all my storage devices ie hard drive ,cd roms etc. and how do i
get them back