Question hard freezing while gaming + hardware advice

eXistenZ2

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
So my apologies if this is not in the correct place, I don't visit this forum often but I know the responses are always very good in my previous questions

For the last 6 months, and also before that I have been issues with hard freezes, where the pc just completely locks and only a hard reset would make it respond. My initial reaction was that I tended to stop playing those very demanding games (Siege, PES20) and eventually would get it fixed. However, the last two weeks it became gradually worse, with even games like Cities Skylines or Civ 6 locking up, which they never did before.

I'm pretty sure it's an overheating issue (as the last two weeks were also marked by a heatwave- Belgium). My idle temperatures are fairly high (40-45C), and the case is pretty old and not optimized anymore for all the things I've upgraded the pc with. I regularly clean it, but there is only so much that helps.

I was planning on an upgrade anyway for some upcoming games(mainly Walhalla+Legion), and am willing to splash some cash for what will probably be my last upgrade.

So my question is twofold:
- what things can I do to diagnose the health/status of my components? and what things Can I do to optimise them? (please be as descriptive as possible)
-What upgrades do you recommend for this system? My budget is€800-900, which includes a new case. (I havent chosen anything yet but don't want anything fancy. Function > form for me)

MS-7B89
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1070

(I would add my dxdiag if i could find an attach file button)

thank you for your input

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS