Hard Page fault

HerrHohenheim

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
Hi guys, i`m new to the forum and i`m not sure exactly if my question is related to this forum or not. accept my apologies in advance.
i`ve read in some forums that hard page faults are because of not amount of ram in your pc, but i don`t think my 16 gb of ddr4 ram are incapable of doing simple things and causing hard page faults. i`m running LatencyMon and even when i don`t do any specific task still causes Hard page faults. when i check processor tab it shows different things every time. like my radeon settings, telegram, or even my vpn. what should i do? is there something to worry about?
hard page fault after 1:33:00 shows 13577. most of it caused by chrome.

Solution
hard page faults happen when ever your PC has to move a file or open a program off the hdd/SSD instead of having it in ram. They are normal, you cannot avoid them unless you have huge amounts of ram and run everything as a ramdisk (I guess).

They badly named, they aren't errors, they normal operations of a PC.

Just a guess, do you have a Z170 motherboard?

Colif

Win 11 Master
hard page faults happen when ever your PC has to move a file or open a program off the hdd/SSD instead of having it in ram. They are normal, you cannot avoid them unless you have huge amounts of ram and run everything as a ramdisk (I guess).

They badly named, they aren't errors, they normal operations of a PC.

Just a guess, do you have a Z170 motherboard?

Solution