Question Hard reboot after 45mins of gaming, only "Kernel Power Error" shown in Event Viewer ?

Feb 28, 2022
Hello!
I built my PC a year ago, from scratch (except the harddrive), everything worked just fine, no crashes no problems. But then a month and a half back on certain games (PUBG) i started getting hard reboots after playing for around an hour, and nothing out of the ordinary (for me, kernel power) was showing up in event viewer. So I thought it was a pubg problem, but a few days ago i started playing another game (Sea of Thieves) and the same thing happened. Other games that I tried are Escape from tarkov, which is still kinda demanding and no crashes are happening there. I've yet to try more demanding games (Arma 3 is fine, league is fine), warzone is one of those that makes it reset also

I've been going trough forum posts and trying all the fixes but nothing seems to be working. I tried ruling every part out, i performed both cpu and gpu stress tests and it was fine, thermals are far more than fine, CPU on 60* max, and gpu on 74* max (hotspot 85). I recently added 2x8 ram sticks (on top of the other 2x8) and tried every possible combination of those, also i did a ram test and they had no issues. I even tried removing my old-ish 2TB hdd.
I made sure graphics drivers are up to date (geforce experience), and windows doesnt show any available updates, and for other updates i use APP center (came with mobo). I havent touched BIOS, its the one that the mobo came with.

Some weird things I noticed are:
After it reboots i can rejoin the game and play for another 30-45mins before it does the same.
If i launch the game, play for lets say half an hour, and close it, it will still crash after a few minutes (15-20), which is very odd.

PC specs:
CPU- Intel I9-9900k
Cooler- Noctua Nh-D15
GPU- Rtx 3070 Aorus master
RAM- Corsair 2x8GB 3200 Mhz, (+1 same kit but its not in)
MOBO- Aorus Z390 Wifi pro
PSU- Corsair Rm750i
Storage- SSD: Samsung 970 EVO plus 500gb (boot), Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
HDD: WD 2TB
CASE- Be quiet 500dx (w/ 4 140mm shadow wings)
OS- Windows 10

I really need help with this as its just depressing that something like this can happen no matter how much time and money i've spent on good very good parts of this build, also I need it fixed as i'm competing in a student esport tournament (including pubg), and i wouldnt be able to practice for it :/
So if anyone got any experience or ideas on how I could fix this, please help.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? A year?

I built my PC a year ago, from scratch (except the harddrive)
Am I to interpret that you performed a system upgrade but migrated your storages from your older system? If so, did you reinstall the OS after the migration? For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with?

Feb 28, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? A year?

I built my PC a year ago, from scratch (except the harddrive)
Am I to interpret that you performed a system upgrade but migrated your storages from your older system? If so, did you reinstall the OS after the migration? For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with?
Thank you :).

The psu is a year old yes, assembled it in February last year.
Yes I pulled one of the hard drives from my old one (that was used for storage), and windows was reinstalled in the new M.2.
Im using SMBIOSBIOSVersion F11.
And im using Windows 10 Pro, 21H2 ((19044.1526))