Hard to stream

cgresser24

Commendable
Aug 16, 2017
Hey I tried to steam the other day and my game would run perfectly but my steam was aweful, it was just lagging all over the place. What do I need to upgrade in order to steam with no lag? Is it my graphics card?

Rig: Intel Core i7 7700k cpu, GeForce 1060 gpu, 16gb ram, MSI B150 PC mate motherboard, 120GB SSD, different hard drive 2TB, if you need to know my internet speed it’s 118mbps download, 11.85 mbps upload.

Plz Help

Solution
With a quad core cpu, it helps greatly to set core affinities for the streaming software.
Reducing bitrate and or stream quality a little can help the stream look a lot better as well.
Gaming and streaming on the same machine wants more cores and threads.
Gamer's Nexus has done a fair bit of testing and benchmarking of streaming while gaming, perhaps some of these videos would help you out.

The cpu does the work for this job. Since you already have a 7700k, upgrading to a Ryzen 1700 or better, or an 8700k, makes no economic sense, unless you actually make your living from streaming.
Or have lots of money, and don't care.
And in that case, building a dedicated streaming machine with a capture card would be vastly superior to gaming...

exroofer

Distinguished
With a quad core cpu, it helps greatly to set core affinities for the streaming software.
Reducing bitrate and or stream quality a little can help the stream look a lot better as well.
Gaming and streaming on the same machine wants more cores and threads.
Gamer's Nexus has done a fair bit of testing and benchmarking of streaming while gaming, perhaps some of these videos would help you out.

The cpu does the work for this job. Since you already have a 7700k, upgrading to a Ryzen 1700 or better, or an 8700k, makes no economic sense, unless you actually make your living from streaming.
Or have lots of money, and don't care.
And in that case, building a dedicated streaming machine with a capture card would be vastly superior to gaming and streaming on the same machine.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS