Question Hard to trace memory hoard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrown1986

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
The entirety of this post can be disregarded, as it was Diskeeper that was using
obnoxious amounts of memory. So very sorry to waste time, I was pulling hairs trying everything else when
I came here, and the thought of Diskeeper using it all occured to me while writing this post.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

So... This is a problem that has migrated over the course of two different PC's. I am at a loss, as I can't track down the problem, using all means that I can think of.

It began with a B43 chipset, on a Core i5 w/ DDR3 RAM, OS on 2TB magnetic platter.
I now own an X470 chipset with a RYZEN 7 and DDR4, OS on 2TB SSD.

The problem persists, so I am almost certain that it is the result of a program running in the background...
And yet the Performance Monitor and Resource Monitor both report minimal values for most programs.

Whatever program or service is eating RAM, is not accurately reporting it, and not releasing it's commit; once finished with it's FDE payload.

I know that it is not system reserved; as it does not show grey in Resource Monitor, it shows green (in use).
I was also able to determine that it happens post-startup, as at start; memory usage is 2,700 / 31,950

I have attached DXDiag and can also attach an AIDA64 report for review; if anyone is curious.

My thoughts point to Diskeeper as the possible culprit; as it reportedly uses RAM to cache read/write optimization.

I thought I'd ask here, before I resort to a cold-startup; and launch programs and services one at a time; as that is an arduous process.

DXDiag
--REMOVED--

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.