[SOLVED] Hardcore build, and 2080ti Low FPS/Lag etc

Nov 15, 2019
Hello all

Just finished upgrading my rig. Did a completely fresh install of windows 10 enterprise. Formatted old drive.

Asus Hero Crosshair viii WiFi
Ryzen 9 3900x
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080ti founders edition
64GB of Corsair AMD optimized 3200mhz
1TB Samsung Evo Pro m2 NVMe SSD
500GB WD M2 SSD
Corsair 1000rmx PSU
4k Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ 144mhz monitor (badass)

With my settings to max/ultra, I am only getting roughly 65-75 FPS in most games. Sometimes its a bit laggy, and I don't understand why. I removed all NVIDIA drivers/programs etc, did a clean install, same with MSI afterburner, and still nothing. I am worried it is a physical issue with the card.

Ive contacted NVIDIA, and the Indian dudes at the call center are clueless. Any ideas? I highly doubt its a CPU bottleneck etc, or a system issue, as I have a massive rig.

Thank you!

Solution
SLI and Crossfire are DEAD in 2019. It's waste of money that can be used better somewhere else. If it goes up to 86 you certainly get a bit thermal throttled. Since you will be liquid cooling, you will certainly get better performance. The card will still run hot but I don't think it will reach 86C unless you do some serious OC.
Hello all

Just finished upgrading my rig. Did a completely fresh install of windows 10 enterprise. Formatted old drive.

Asus Hero Crosshair viii WiFi
Ryzen 9 3900x
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080ti founders edition
64GB of Corsair AMD optimized 3200mhz
1TB Samsung Evo Pro m2 NVMe SSD
500GB WD M2 SSD
Corsair 1000rmx PSU
4k Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ 144mhz monitor (badass)

With my settings to max/ultra, I am only getting roughly 65-75 FPS in most games. Sometimes its a bit laggy, and I don't understand why. I removed all NVIDIA drivers/programs etc, did a clean install, same with MSI afterburner, and still nothing. I am worried it is a physical issue with the card.

Ive contacted NVIDIA, and the Indian dudes at the call center are clueless. Any ideas? I highly doubt its a CPU bottleneck etc, or a system issue, as I have a massive rig.

Thank you!
have you done a bios update? and installed all motherboard drivers?
All updates here

Some other guys are saying thats good frame-rates for full 4k, but i have friends w same cards/similar setups getting better.
I agree that the frames are good for 4k. You also have founder's edition 2080ti which will thermal throttle faster than a good aftermarket cooling solution.

Also SIMILAR setups, are not the same. Do not expect to see same results. As long as you get above 60fps with ultra settings you are more than good. The 2080Ti does struggle sometimes to get to 60fps/4k/ultra.

Nov 15, 2019
I agree that the frames are good for 4k. You also have founder's edition 2080ti which will thermal throttle faster than a good aftermarket cooling solution.

Also SIMILAR setups, are not the same. Do not expect to see same results. As long as you get above 60fps with ultra settings you are more than good. The 2080Ti does struggle sometimes to get to 60fps/4k/ultra.

I just ordered my new thermaltake case, and will be installing a custom liquid loop for cpu, GPU, and MOBO cooling, so do you think throttling will still be an issue? It goes right up to 86 during COD.

would this card doubled in SLI, be any better or a waste of $$ IYO?

SLI and Crossfire are DEAD in 2019. It's waste of money that can be used better somewhere else. If it goes up to 86 you certainly get a bit thermal throttled. Since you will be liquid cooling, you will certainly get better performance. The card will still run hot but I don't think it will reach 86C unless you do some serious OC.

Solution