Harddisk space missing after upgrade to XP

I just upgraded to XP from WindowsME. I have a 20GB hard drive. After the
upgrade the drive shows a capacity of ~18.3GB (I am assuming XP reserves the
space necessary on the HD to ensure that windows functions properly). About
15GB are shown as being used by the c drive and about 3.5 GB of free space.
But when I add up the size of the folders under the C drive, the total comes
to about 11 GB. At first thought I assumed the 5 GB from the "My Documents"
was not included, but I quickly saw they were accounted for under the
document & settings folder. So I am still about 4 GB shy on accounting for
space. Can anyone help as I clear out files to make room?

thanks
Michael

"Hawkeyes" <Hawkeyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just upgraded to XP from WindowsME. I have a 20GB hard drive. After
the
> upgrade the drive shows a capacity of ~18.3GB (I am assuming XP reserves
the
> space necessary on the HD to ensure that windows functions properly).
About
> 15GB are shown as being used by the c drive and about 3.5 GB of free
space.
> But when I add up the size of the folders under the C drive, the total
comes
> to about 11 GB. At first thought I assumed the 5 GB from the "My
Documents"
> was not included, but I quickly saw they were accounted for under the
> document & settings folder. So I am still about 4 GB shy on accounting
for
> space. Can anyone help as I clear out files to make room?
>
> thanks
> Michael

Here are a couple of tools that show you what's eating up your
disk space:

DriveUse:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nulifetv/freezip/freeware/index.html
Bullet Proof Folder sizes: http://www.foldersizes.com/

Thanks, the Bullet proof app did it, the undo folder is holding onto the
missing space,
thanks a bunch