Question Harddrive causing windows explorer to susspend and resrart in a loop when connected?

shaunbarbs01

Honorable
Jan 4, 2015
I am having a serious issue with my hard drive it is connected using sata. whenever I connect this drive to my pc the taskbar disappears and then reappears in a 2 second loop until I disconnect it. its been fine for around 2 months went away to do something came back to find my taskbar and screen flashing like explorer.exe was restarted. it wasn't till I disconnected all drives to the computer and connected them 1 by 1 till i know which 1 is faulty. i have since bought a usb hub that i can connect sata harddrives to and bought the same harddrive brand new and decided to use the copy feature on the usb hub, first making my new harddrive NTFS. since this even my new hard drive does the exact same when i connect it either drive windows is in a continuous restart look and no taskbar? how do i get my 2 hard drives back any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
What OS are you working with? I'd look at your PSU connections as well since faulty/failing PSU's have been known to knock out SSD's/HDD's/storage out in spite of everything else seeming to be fine. Have you tried tethering the known afflicted HDD's onto a donor system without the dock but with the internal SATA data and power connections?

Could you list your system specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis: