[SOLVED] Harddrive click

Aug 11, 2020
So i recently i built a pc, the specs are b450 tomahawk max, amd ryzen 5 3600 16gb ram,600w 80+, and last but not least a 2tb hdd seagate.
Im here because i need help and im really worried since i hear this noise of only one click, randomly it happens randomly when i install a game or when im on the desktop doing nothing. I heard that it could be the click of death but i dont know if it is since is very random when it happens and is usuallt only one click. I downloaded crystal disk and the health of the harddrive is good. Here is a link to the sound of it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y9eIQMHqzEyPRosW3Kw4OVzXXmqAYGo-/view?usp=sharing
You can hear the sound at the beginning of the video,just really need help right now.

Solution
I feel where you are coming from, this pc is mostly for games so I dont have many files to backup since i just built this pc. I understand that picking a side would be bias and is hard to know the cause so the best will be to back it up, Do you mind being bias and telling me what could be the cause of it? I said i needed help because there is a clicking noise but is just one click that happens very randomly. I just want to know people's opinion about it since i seen a lot of people on gooogle and youtube talking about the click of death.
Spinning drives make noise.
Some more than others.

A drive making new noise...that is a reason for concern.

The "click of death" is just that...a totally dead drive.
click click click...

USAFRet

Titan
Help with what?
Because there is a "clicking noise"?

That may or may not be an indication of health, good or bad.
Either way...you need to institute a good backup procedure.

If we out here said "bah...don't worry about it", and then it died next week....what would you do?
Conversely...if we out here said "It is gonna die tomorrow!!!", and then it lasted another 5 years...what would you do?

Data that lives on only one physical drive may be said to not exist at all.
Always have a data recovery plan.

Aug 11, 2020
Help with what?
Because there is a "clicking noise"?

That may or may not be an indication of health, good or bad.
Either way...you need to institute a good backup procedure.

If we out here said "bah...don't worry about it", and then it died next week....what would you do?
Conversely...if we out here said "It is gonna die tomorrow!!!", and then it lasted another 5 years...what would you do?

Data that lives on only one physical drive may be said to not exist at all.
Always have a data recovery plan.
I feel where you are coming from, this pc is mostly for games so I dont have many files to backup since i just built this pc. I understand that picking a side would be bias and is hard to know the cause so the best will be to back it up, Do you mind being bias and telling me what could be the cause of it? I said i needed help because there is a clicking noise but is just one click that happens very randomly. I just want to know people's opinion about it since i seen a lot of people on gooogle and youtube talking about the click of death.

USAFRet

Titan
Some more than others.

click click click...

Solution
Aug 11, 2020
Some more than others.

click click click...
ok thanks man, I appreciate your feedback. Im the type of person that gets paranoic over everything that unusual, feel a little bit more relieved now since this is my first build and I really want to learn more about computers.