Harddrive Crahes Randomly when I Connect to wifi

nickolai problem

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
I recently bought 1Tb western digital hard drive from amazon. And every time I install windows 8 and my Netgear WNA3100 cd. Then once I finish I click on Internet Explorer and after 2 downloads ( Chrome and Steam) I get a bsod: Critical Service Failed.
Specs:
1TB Western Digital
Toshiba My passport 1tb external drive
R7 250 2gb
Msi Motherboard
16gb DDR3 Kingston Blue Ram
500GB Toshiba

Links:https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Cache-Desktop-Drive-WD10EZEX/dp/B0088PUEPK/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1465621390&sr=1-1&keywords=1tb+hard+drive
http://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNA3100.aspx?cid=gwmng
Honestly, any suggestions would help.

Solution
Hey there, Nickolai!

I'd recommend you backup all your data from the system somewhere off-site and attempt to do a clean install of Windows again. If the problem still persists after the clean install, I'd advise you to swap the SATA cable with a different one and also attempt to connect the drive to a different SATA port on the motherboard. While on it, I'd suggest you make sure everything inside your PC case is mounted properly and there are no loose cables. It's also highly recommended to manually install the hardware drivers (Specific for your mobo) from the motherboard manufacturer's official website. Windows Updates tend to install more generic and a bit outdated drivers that could potentially influence the performance of your...
Hey there, Nickolai!

I'd recommend you backup all your data from the system somewhere off-site and attempt to do a clean install of Windows again. If the problem still persists after the clean install, I'd advise you to swap the SATA cable with a different one and also attempt to connect the drive to a different SATA port on the motherboard. While on it, I'd suggest you make sure everything inside your PC case is mounted properly and there are no loose cables. It's also highly recommended to manually install the hardware drivers (Specific for your mobo) from the motherboard manufacturer's official website. Windows Updates tend to install more generic and a bit outdated drivers that could potentially influence the performance of your system.

Give these a try and let me know how it goes! :) Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

nickolai problem

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

Thanks for this I will try this right away.