Harddrive noise and vibrations

nibla123

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
Hi, i have my Toshiba 2TB 7200rpm 64MB. When i for example update a big game or something i can feel the vibrations on the floor, and my computer is on my desk. And yes it stands on thoses rubber screws. I can also feel it very well in my desk when it vibrates when i play games.

I wonder if this is normal or if its something wrong on the harddrive, i have warranty on my computer that covers things like that.

Solution
Hey there, nibla123.

It does sound like those vibrations are a bit strong, however that does not necessarily mean the there's something wrong with the HDD. You can check if it's properly mounted to the case and if all the screws have been tightened. If you have no performance issues it's probably fine, but you could still download its manufacturer's diagnostic tool and run the tests to make sure that there are no errors or bad sectors.

Hope this helps.
Boogieman_WD
Hey there, nibla123.

It does sound like those vibrations are a bit strong, however that does not necessarily mean the there's something wrong with the HDD. You can check if it's properly mounted to the case and if all the screws have been tightened. If you have no performance issues it's probably fine, but you could still download its manufacturer's diagnostic tool and run the tests to make sure that there are no errors or bad sectors.

Hope this helps.
Boogieman_WD

Solution