Question Harddrive problems

Charlie161

Prominent
Jan 7, 2020
Hi, basically ive been having problems with anything that is on my harddrive crashing if i use it, so i decided to reset my pc and see if that would solve my issue, It didn't its now acting up even more, not appearing on my "This PC" Section or on Harddisk sentinel, ive done multiple disk scans/ Repairs but they have not done anything at all, my pc is all up today date.

Ive been attempting to download games on it for the past hour but ive had no luck and have been met with Disk write error.

I want to reinstall windows but im not sure how i would do that when my ssd has windows on it? Could anyone assist me with this problem

Thanks.

Charlie161

Prominent
Jan 7, 2020
Please inform:
  • List HW
  • Build yourself ?
  • Working before ?
  • Are file rescue part of the issue ?

Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz
GTX 1070
B450 Tomahawk Max
240GB WD Green SSD (Windows On it)
1TB Seagate HDD

Yes I built it myself, nearly a year ago.
Yes it was working before i left my pc on overnight and downloaded a game, i then get on restart it once i wake up and im having constant problems with Fivem on gta,
Im not sure what file rescue is

Charlie161

Prominent
Jan 7, 2020
Ok, then we can go start looking for faults. When you download stuff - where do you attempt to put them, on ssd or hdd?

Well it really depends on the size of the game,

Small games like fortnite, Rust, Tarkov all go on my ssd so i can load in quicker but large games like division, cod, warzone all go on my hdd because it has more storage

I also just reinstalled windows and its still happening, that must mean its a component correct?

Charlie161

Prominent
Jan 7, 2020
H
Check your disk with CrystalDiskInfo. and share with us the results. Depending on the results, if it is one year old HDD, you may ask for a replacement.
By the way your HDD is Seagate OK, but which model?

Ok, Will do, how do i check the model, This also happened to me on a new HDD that is brand new first time using it, so it must be the Sata cable or something? because both it happens in both sata ports on the motherboard