Harddrive recognition windows installation

Gaevin

Reputable
May 31, 2015
I need help with installing Windows 8.1 to my pc. I've gotten to the part of the installation in which i pick custom or express install. Whenever i choose custom, the screen in which i pick the hard drive i want to install windows to is blank. As in it cant find my hard drive. I've tried reformatting it through command prompt, but it did nothing. I cant think of any other way to try to get my PC to install windows to the hard drive. Please help. I hope I wasn't too vague, I tried explaining it the best I could.

Gaevin

Reputable
May 31, 2015

I made sure its in USB 2.0 and I've even tried plugging SATA cables in different SATA ports, but nothing changes.

Gaevin

Reputable
May 31, 2015

I have a GIGABYTE AM1M-S2H motherboard.
no i dont see it in the disk part thing

Gaevin

Reputable
May 31, 2015

It worked. I see different drivers on the screen but when i load them up, it just repeats the process, and it still doesnt see my hard drive. A friend pointed something out that i didnt think would affect it but, a week ago, i pulled the 20 pin connector out of the motherboard in an attempt to check some hardware without getting zapped. Do you think i might have fried the Hard drive by doing that?