Harddrive with bad S.M.A.R.T status

AfterFX2

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
I know a bit about other stuff but I'm an absolute noob on storages.

I found this harddrive lying around and I need some more space. My question is, can I use this harddrive for other stuff (recording videos and such) rather than important backups without a problem? Thanks.
rEMbQM.png

AfterFX2

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
I heard some stuff like that somewhere before. Just wasn't sure. Still, can't I use it for temporary storing? The files won't be important. It seems fine for now, I copied some stuff in it and they work fine.

gallowglass1976

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
You do realize that compressed data is even MORE susceptible to corruption.... This is NOT a good idea. Unless the ultimate quality of the video in question isn't important... Also realize that the drive will most likely run exceptionally slow. You are most likely setting yourself up for some massive frustration.

AfterFX2

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016

One, videos aren't that important. My other harddrives head broke. I lost 7 hours of footage but it doesn't matter much. Two, I don't want to have 120GB/an hour videos in my main drive, which is 500GB and only 130GB of free space.

For the record: I recorded for 30 minutes, compressed it, then moved it to the main drive. Conclusion, it works fine. No corruption. It might be a wrong info. Over 42k reallocated sector?