[SOLVED] Harddrive wont show up

superballer135

Commendable
Jan 27, 2019
So i've been trying to install a second hard drive and i've done everything i know to do (the same way i installed the first one) and no matter what it's never registering or even showing up on my pc

Solution
Check to see if your sata port s are enable/active in the bios where you can also see if the drive is detected if the port that it is attached to . Sata ports are generally set to AHCI mode but if yours aren't , do not change it, just let us know which mode they are in for now.

Since you are already in windows you can run Disk Management. If the drive is detected by that then you may just need to initialize it or assign it a drive letter.

popatim

Titan
Check to see if your sata port s are enable/active in the bios where you can also see if the drive is detected if the port that it is attached to . Sata ports are generally set to AHCI mode but if yours aren't , do not change it, just let us know which mode they are in for now.

Since you are already in windows you can run Disk Management. If the drive is detected by that then you may just need to initialize it or assign it a drive letter.

Solution