Hardrive bad sectors

Scrazeloppe

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
So im trying to acess a hardrive that somehow got bad sectors a few months ago. Perfectly working yesterday and if the hard drive froze from bad sectors i would always system restore and it would work fine. Im getting a 500 gb drive for 60$ soon. But im wondering why it does not work anymore when i try to boot it stays on the windows is starting screen. Safe mode doesn't work system recovery or the dvd dowxnt even detect the os it says i/o imilization. Would i just have to grt a new drive and try to recover the data?

Solution
bad is bad and it maybe trying to keep accessing those bad blocks ?? if you drive is real full it may do this and may not be able to flag them it would be for thre best to replace that drive with that new on you got coming

also it may have got bad in a section of the drive that windows needs and was not able to recover that data and that's what happens ..

''If any of the files uses a sector which is marked as 'bad' by disk utility then the bad sector of the file is remapped to a free sector and any unreadable data is lost.''
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_sector

so that data that's causing your issues may of fallen under this ??
bad is bad and it maybe trying to keep accessing those bad blocks ?? if you drive is real full it may do this and may not be able to flag them it would be for thre best to replace that drive with that new on you got coming

also it may have got bad in a section of the drive that windows needs and was not able to recover that data and that's what happens ..

''If any of the files uses a sector which is marked as 'bad' by disk utility then the bad sector of the file is remapped to a free sector and any unreadable data is lost.''
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_sector

so that data that's causing your issues may of fallen under this ??

Solution
all check disk will do is scan and try to recover what it can but if any data critical to windows is corrupted or lost its just gone so your still on a bad drive

bottom line is the drive is bad and needs to be replaced and its not going to heal its self and get any better

Scrazeloppe

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
No the pc thinks the hardrive isont even connected half the time. What are some good recovery programs that allow me to get files from a secondary drive? When i get the new one il have the old one connected aswell

in the best I can this early-- my hard drive has issues so I get a new one install windows as normal on it and get thing as needed the I take my old drive that had the issues like you and hook it up like a extra drive then when I go to computer and see the drives listed the new one is back as drive c - the old windows drive is there so click on it and it will pop up something on to use that drive you 'ok'' [it should now come up as drive ''E'' and then you can go in to that old windows drive and get the files from it as you need to [ my old vista drive that got too many bad blocks as like you is hooked up along side of my new 7 drive so now if theres something I need from it I just open it up grab what I need over to the new 7 drive or as like I said it now just like a storage drive

one thing to keep in mind is no matter how you go about things the damage is done as any data in the file or program that was used in the bad block and recovered /repaired can still have that chance of missing or corrupted data as stated in my first post to you .... so but that's still better then total loss over all

Scrazeloppe

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
oh my god the front panel cables don't work it was working. so I tried putting in the other hardrive and I guess they ripped I'l try to send a screenshot because the front panel is white and yellow cables together and there is a hole that it looks like it ripped