hardrive fell down

Dyo-dyo

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
hi! i have my portable 500gb samsung drive.when i was using it, i accidentally pull the chord and the drive fell in he floor and when i re-plug it on my pc, it doesnt recognize anymore. so what should i do?
i hope you guys help me about it. thanks!

gamer2321

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
The logic board inside of the enclosure has probably failed from the fall. Take the HDD out of the Enclosure and either put it on a USB Adapter or in another enclosure with a power adapter. Once the drive is on a new controller go to Start/Search and type diskmgmt.msc Right click the diskmgt icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. In Disk Management, you should be able to see all of your drives, is the external showing up here.
If this fails then Then the drive was damaged in the fall and cannot be repaired.
To try and recover your files, You can download the demo version of R-Studio and let it scan the drive, it will tell you what if anything it can recover. Then you decide if you want to pay for it to restore your files. You will need another drive of the same size to restore your files to.

TRENDING THREADS