[SOLVED] Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling

kartulinaine

Reputable
Jun 18, 2020
If I turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling fps drops disappear, but when I turn this off, i am having fps drops. What is the problem and what could i do? My specs are RTX 2070 SUPER, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X , 16GB DDR4, M.2 SA 2000, SSD CT250MX, HDD ST1000 and MOBO B450 STEEL LEGEND. My first idea was to change my current cpu to AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, but what is your suggestion for me to do? Best wishes kartul

Last edited:
Solution
If the system is working as expected with Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling turned on then leave all as is.

There are so many factors involved (i.e., hardware, software, firmware, configuration) that no two systems are the same.

Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling may cause some systems to not work at all or result in no end benefit to being run. Maybe at the cost of some particular resource - likely negligible but who knows....?

So users have the option (fortunately) to turn Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling off.

Fortunately your build benefits with "On".

In the future some other change or upgrade may cause a problem and necessitate you needing to turn it "Off" to regain performance (fps).

That is my opinion and there...

Ralston18

Titan

kartulinaine

Reputable
Jun 18, 2020
I would expect that to be normal. Turning it on can improve performance.

Does not seem to be all around beneficial for some users but others, such as yourself, appear to have gained some benefit.

References:

https://uploadvr.com/hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling/

And FYI:

https://babeltechreviews.com/windows-10-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-performance-analysis/

Noted many other similar links on the topic.
but i believe the computer should work in any situations. Would you recommend changing the processor or what would be your opinion?

Ralston18

Titan
If the system is working as expected with Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling turned on then leave all as is.

There are so many factors involved (i.e., hardware, software, firmware, configuration) that no two systems are the same.

Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling may cause some systems to not work at all or result in no end benefit to being run. Maybe at the cost of some particular resource - likely negligible but who knows....?

So users have the option (fortunately) to turn Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling off.

Fortunately your build benefits with "On".

In the future some other change or upgrade may cause a problem and necessitate you needing to turn it "Off" to regain performance (fps).

That is my opinion and there may be other opinions. I have no problem with that.

Solution