• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Hardware and Stream Settings

Mar 14, 2020
Hi All,

Good afternoon.

I've been playing quite a bit of COD MW with my friends lately and am trying to stream our games just to share it in our network of friends. With this I was just wondering what kind of 'streaming performance and quality' can I expect from my stream.

Note: I am not an expert on this topic.

I understand that 720p60fps is like the best I can do (given i'm not a twitch affiliate or its equivalent on FB). I tried running a stream in this setting at 6000 bitrate using NVECnew as the encoder. I noticed that I always get a prompt that there were/are skipped frames every so often. I tried turning down the bitrate to 2500 and the number of skipped frames prompt did lessen but the the cost of more 'pixelation'. But even then, the stream doesn't seem as buttery smooth as I'd like it be.

Would like to know your thoughts if this kind of performance that I should expect given my PC specs. I'd appreciate it if you can share your OBS settings for me (especially if you have a similar PC build) to try if I can get a better overall performance/quality for my stream.

My current PC specs (all stock speeds):
Ryzen 7 2700x
G.skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3200
Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super 8GB

Additional note(s): I run COD MW at 2560x1440 capped at 75hz.

Rate Control: CBR
Bitrate: 2500
Keyframe Interval (seconds, 0=auto): 0
Look-ahead: unchecked
Psycho Visual Tuning: Checked
GPU: 0
Max B-frames: 2

Encoder Preset (higher = less CPU) : Performance
Base Resolution: 2560x1440
Output Resolution: 1280x720
Downscale Filter: Bicubic (sharpened scaling, 16 samples)
FPS Type: Common FPS Values
Common FPS Values: 60

Process Priority: Above Normal

I listed my current settings above and I am not even going to pretend that I understand every single one of those. Any tip/ help appreciated.

Cheers,
Carlos

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS