• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Hardware Error/Audio Buzz

Jun 1, 2020
I built a PC the end of last year. Everything was going fine until March this year. It charted when listening to Spotify, the audio would just buzz for about 10 seconds and the PC would reboot. Wouldn't do it all the time, just occasionally. Then the audio would start to buzz when playing a video and there was some mouse freezing as well. Those issue didn't cause a reboot though. restarting the PC would fix it, but after several hours the problems would come back.

I Reinstalled audio and GPU drivers, didn't help. Ran Memtest and it passed.

I backed up the PC and tried a new install of Windows. After that there were no issues. I had a backup from late last year and restored it, again no issues and thought all was find. However over the weekend it started again. Buzz when playing Spotify and the the PC crashed. Then the buzzing sound when playing a video and mouse freezing. This morning I when to get on the PC and there was no picture on the monitor. Tried a different monitor, no picture. GPU has DVI and HDMI, neither worked with any monitor. Turned PC off and picture came back.

In Reliability history there is a hardware error at 2:56AM

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffff87825ff17460
Parameter 2: fffff8007b540500
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 4
OS version: 10_0_18363
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

The Event Viewer shows a critical event at 2:31AM

The previous system shutdown at 2:31:54 AM on ‎6/‎1/‎2020 was unexpected.

In the morning the PC was on, just couldn't do anything with it.

Ryzen 1600
Asrock B450 Pro 4
16GB Gskill
XFX RX 550
EVGA SuperNova G# 550W
HP EX 950 NVME

Checked the PC this morning, same hardware error at 2:39AM. All the fans were running, but PC would not respond to anything.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS