Question Hardware faliure

dodabarca38

Prominent
Feb 8, 2019
so i just disassembled my 4 years old laptop to clean its dust and i found a ton of it , after assembling it following an instruction video of course it boots up normally it works normally but when i open any games the laptop fan after a couple of seconds becomes loud than the computer shuts down so i need help !!!

dodabarca38

Prominent
Feb 8, 2019
It sounds like it’s overheating. What are the temps just in the BIOS or Windows desktop? Did you replace the thermal paste? I’d take it apart and check the cooler is securely locked down.
its not really overheating , the laptop works fine until i open any kind of graphic application like games after a couple of seconds the fps drops to 1/2 then fan starts making loud noise than it shuts down without even a bluescreen

its not really overheating , the laptop works fine until i open any kind of graphic application like games after a couple of seconds the fps drops to 1/2 then fan starts making loud noise than it shuts down without even a bluescreen
Have you monitored the cpu and gpu temperatures? Your description sounds right for a system where the cooler is not working. As soon as you put it under load it overheats, throttles (reduces performance), the fans ramp up but cant cool it and it then shuts down to protect itself.

dodabarca38

Prominent
Feb 8, 2019
Have you monitored the cpu and gpu temperatures? Your description sounds right for a system where the cooler is not working. As soon as you put it under load it overheats, throttles (reduces performance), the fans ramp up but cant cool it and it then shuts down to protect itself.
when it shuts down the laptop isn't really that hot and the temps should be fine so i dont know what to do

dodabarca38

Prominent
Feb 8, 2019
The laptop wouldn't have time to get hot if the cooler isn't working properly. The only way to know for sure is monitoring the temperatures.
tn4tQwj.png

this is the temp from HWiNFO64

dodabarca38

Prominent
Feb 8, 2019
If that’s with no load you have a heat problem. CPU package temp is at 49c and had peaked at 90c. Also cpu core #0 had peaked at 92c. Those readings don’t seem to include gpu temp either, what are the gpu temps?
also i found some kinda of tape or plastic film on the heat sink that was going off i think it has something to do with it