[SOLVED] hardware for max browsing speed.

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
Hi,
whats the hardware for max browsing speed. Of course i understand that a very expensive pc can do all. But the question is, do i need a very expensive pc for this ? I have T440s with i7 4600u and 12 gb ram and an ssd. I need max browsing speed for my work. I dont play games or do something heavy but for internet i need a blazing fast machine.
Am i ok with this laptop ? A Ryzen or I7 desktop would offer me more on fast browsing or at least a difference that i could notice ?

Thanks.

Solution
8GB is quite enough for simple tasks like that although Chrome cam take a good chunk of it if many tabs are open.
CPU, well less than 4 cores is considered very poor nowadays for practically anything and are going the way of Dodo soon anyway but quite enogh for internet browsing.
GPU, enough to have good resolution for HD content but even good IGPU would be enough for that, R5 2400g for instance.
NVMe, quite unnecessary, better put money difference into larger SATA SSD. 250 -500GB should be enough if you are not a hoarder with data and you could always ad a HDD for more.
Not likely but..... Enough RAM (Chrome is known to use a lot of it), SSD to help with saving downloads, fast WiFi, 5GHz and/or fast NIC for wired connection to router but most have 1 gigabit connection for a while now. That's all for super fast internet, anything under 100Mbps and even phones can handle it just as fast.

Reactions: manolis kokotsakis
8GB is quite enough for simple tasks like that although Chrome cam take a good chunk of it if many tabs are open.
CPU, well less than 4 cores is considered very poor nowadays for practically anything and are going the way of Dodo soon anyway but quite enogh for internet browsing.
GPU, enough to have good resolution for HD content but even good IGPU would be enough for that, R5 2400g for instance.
NVMe, quite unnecessary, better put money difference into larger SATA SSD. 250 -500GB should be enough if you are not a hoarder with data and you could always ad a HDD for more.

Solution