[SOLVED] Hardware Incompatibility w/ Custom-Built PC

tangykevin

Commendable
Jan 1, 2018
Hi guys.
I recently built a custom PC earlier in December 2019 and ever since, I have been experiencing alot of crashes. The crashes I experienced include the screen slowing down and freezing, the screen freezing and producing a buzzing sound, and black screening when leaving the computer idle. The crashes would occur in everyday use (Playing League of Legends, browsing the internet, leaving PC idle). The PC would experience these crashes even if I don't overclock. I diagnosed the PC software-wise, I reinstalled Windows 10 several times, uninstall/install drivers, fixed power settings (set hard disk to NEVER turn off). I proceeded to look hardware wise. I replaced nearly all of the components with either the same one or new one. The parts I kept the same are the CPU and Memory. I thought I received DOA RAM, so I ran memtest86 and no errors came up. I also tweaked the voltage setting (CPU and RAM) to see if that would fix it but the problem still persisted. The conclusion I reached is that the CPU, the Ryzen 5 1600 has a weak memory controller and can't handle the RAM. Note, the motherboard supports the ram according to the G Skill website. It surprises me that the Ryzen 5 1600 can't handle my memory running at 2666 speed. I genuinely do not know what is wrong with my PC and I would love your guys feedback. My suspicion is that the Ryzen 5 1600 cant handle that fast of a memory and that I probably need to upgrade my CPU but I could be wrong. Or the memory is not compatible with the Ryzen 5 1600. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

PC Specification:
Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8GHZ
Asus B450M PLUS TUF Gaming Motherboard
G.Skill 2x8GB DDR4-3200MHZ (F4-3200C16D-16GVKB) (RUNNING @2666MHZ)
MSI RX 580 8GB Armor Edition
Crucial 500GB NVME SSD
EVGA 650 G+ Power Supply