[SOLVED] Hardware or Driver ? GPU error code 43.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2019
After 1 week of searching the web i still can't fix this GPU error code 43. I have seen people fix it with DDU + Older drivers but i have tried everything, yet can't come to conclusion weather my GPU is dead or its just another windows/nvidia/driver issue.
I would stop trying to fix it if there was solid proof that my GPU is dead.

Here's why i think it just could be another software issue.
1. Dell Diagnosis for GPU gives green tick for GPU connection & memory test.
uape9CB.jpg

1. Nvidia driver installs with no errors or warnings.
  2. Windows also seems to recognize my GPU since it shows its a GTX 960M and other info as well.
g9PHZG3.png

Here's why may be my GPU is fried.
1. "dxdiag" clearly says there's something problem with nvidia 960M , please search for 'error code 43'.
9SpV7jf.png

1. Yellow triangle mark on Device manager.
  2. Latest/Older version of BIOS and nvidia drivers didn't help.

Help !!!

Solution
I presume you have a laptop ? Do you have the latest BIOS and firmware/system drivers for your Laptop's Model ?

Error code 43 is a generic message that typically indicates a problem with the hardware or software in Windows operating system. This error is often reported in Windows Device Manager. If you encounter this error with your graphics card, here are some troubleshooting ideas that may help fix it.

1) Update your graphics card driver.

2) Make sure your system is updated with the latest SBIOS and Windows updates

3) Check to make sure your system power supply meets the minimum recommended power requirement for your card

4) If your card needs additional power, make sure the PCIe supplemental power connector is...
I presume you have a laptop ? Do you have the latest BIOS and firmware/system drivers for your Laptop's Model ?

Error code 43 is a generic message that typically indicates a problem with the hardware or software in Windows operating system. This error is often reported in Windows Device Manager. If you encounter this error with your graphics card, here are some troubleshooting ideas that may help fix it.

3) Check to make sure your system power supply meets the minimum recommended power requirement for your card

4) If your card needs additional power, make sure the PCIe supplemental power connector is plugged into the card. NOT applicable in your case, since you have a laptop.

5) Replace the graphics card as it may be defective

Code 43 can mostly happens either if drivers fail or the hardware fails. Other option is that your GPU or motherboard slot failed. If your motherboard has more then one PCIe x16 slot, you can move GPU to another slot to rule out motherboard failure. Or you should test GPU in another machine to confirm that problem lies in the card.

Your GPU might also be faulty. Also, are you on a FRESH Windows OS install ? IF not, then try doing a clean format of your SSD/HDD, if need be. Can you install the GPU drivers ?

Clear and reset ALL the CMOS/BIOS settings to default.

The above Error code 43 can be reported anytime when Windows does not recognize a device – whether it's a USB port, Hard drive, video card/GPU, or any other piece of hardware connected to the computer. Most of the time, error code 43 means that a device driver is either missing, corrupt, and/or outdated (so Windows has problems communicating properly with the hardware), or the hardware is faulty and needs to be replaced.

This error code points out that the Hardware might also be defective, which is the GPU.

Solution

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
I presume you have a laptop ?

4) If your card needs additional power, make sure the PCIe supplemental power connector is plugged into the card

Code 43 can mostly happens either if drivers fail or the hardware fails. Other option is that your GPU or motherboard slot failed. If your motherboard has more then one PCIe x16 slot, you can move GPU to another slot to rule out motherboard failure. Or you should test GPU in another machine to confirm that problem lies in the card.

Your GPU might also be faulty. Also, are you on a FRESH Windows OS install ? IF not, then try doing a clean format of your SSD/HDD, if need be. Can you install the GPU drivers ?

Clear and reset ALL the CMOS/BIOS settings to default.

The above Error code 43 can be reported anytime when Windows does not recognize a device – whether it's a USB port, Hard drive, video card/GPU, or any other piece of hardware connected to the computer. Most of the time, error code 43 means that a device driver is either missing, corrupt, and/or outdated (so Windows has problems communicating properly with the hardware), or the hardware is faulty and needs to be replaced.

This error code points out that the Hardware might also be defective, which is the GPU. But before we jump to any conclusion, check the card on some other PC as well.
This ^^

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

4) If your card needs additional power, make sure the PCIe supplemental power connector is plugged into the card

I mean most of that doesnt apply due to it being a mobile GPU, but you should follow the steps you are able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.