[SOLVED] Hardware RAID card

Oct 19, 2019
I have 5 - 2tb HDD's,all the same.I'd like to get a Card to run these in RAID 10.One with a processor and memory,Preferably not over $250.00 . PCI III, Can I have some recommendations? SATA drives,something to take the load off my CPU.

Solution
I have read that 10 is the most secure,? I'm looking for storage security.
RAID only really helps in the case of physical drive fail, and if you actually need 24/7 uninterrupted ops. Like if you were running a website and its server, and unscheduled downtime = lost sales.
It does nothing for all the other types of data loss. Accidental deletion, corruption, malware, ransomware, etc, etc.

It is rarely a need for typical consumers.

A comprehensive backup solution wards off all those events, and physical drive fail.

USAFRet

Titan
I have read that 10 is the most secure,? I'm looking for storage security.
RAID only really helps in the case of physical drive fail, and if you actually need 24/7 uninterrupted ops. Like if you were running a website and its server, and unscheduled downtime = lost sales.
It does nothing for all the other types of data loss. Accidental deletion, corruption, malware, ransomware, etc, etc.

A comprehensive backup solution wards off all those events, and physical drive fail.

Solution
Oct 19, 2019

OK...I need a card to run up to 5 , 2 - tb disks for audio archiving. What would you suggest?

USAFRet

Titan
Audio.CD's...hundreds of them. To store CD's.
That absolutely does not need a second by second mirror.

A regular backup plan would work far better.
All that data backed up to some other drive, preferably more than one location.

With a RAID 0, 1, 5, 10...if a particular file were to be deleted/corrupted, it is gone gone gone.
With a real backup, there is an actual second or third copy to recover from.