Hardware Randomly Shutting Off

James-mp

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
Hi, Just built a new system and am having a few issues that have left me scratching my head. I run my system in crossfire mode and sometimes the bottom graphics card doesn't register at all. It is not detected by windows and there is no sign of it in the device manager. If i disconnect my power cable completely for about ten seconds it will show up on next boot, but if i restart the computer its gone again.
Second issue is my hard drives shut off after about 10 min in windows. They like the bottom graphics card fail to show up in device manager after they shut down. Only pulling the power cable from the computer for ten seconds will they show up again. The two ssd i have do not shut down, just the traditional hd. Ive disabled the setting in power management in windows and in bios, no change. Its driving me insane. I suspect maybe i need a bigger psu, but im not certain. Any help would be most appreciated.

Z97 extreme6 motherboard
I7 4790K
16 GIG 1866 CORSAIR RAM
RX 480 X2
750 WATT ANTEC PSU
Crucial 500 gig SSD X2
Seagate 2000 gig HD
Seagate 1000 Gig HD

James-mp

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
Just an Update. Yes it was a power issue. I did not realize that the cards came from the factory OC. The 50% more power in the settings at default means i would need like 1000 watt psu. I under clocked both cards and now all is well with the world.