Hardware Requirements Revealed For 'Middle-earth: Shadow Of War'

Status
Not open for further replies.

eglass

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I wish they'd tie resolution/general settings to "minimum" and "recommended". Is minimum for 1080p medium settings at 30fps? Would the recommended setup give you 60fps at 4K? What hardware can attain a smooth rate on ultra at 1440p?

dstarr3

Distinguished

These specs are mostly just advertising. Since this is a console port, I would assume they're following the console standard of Almost-1080P @ Sometimes-30 FPS.

Gilles_2

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
because switch to page file is slow, grab a nice kit of 2x8 Gb and you're good to go (except if you run VMs, then you need a second one or 2x16 Gb)

beaulieu80

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
it makes me laught when i see such high requirements like that over and over for games. Game codes should be mature by now with all those years and all the same logic been use. Why games are so heavily demanding every single time.... How come the programmers can't optimize instead of putting garbage code

randomizer

Champion

My point is that they're just using too much memory in the first place. The latest Tom Clancy open beta used anywhere from 3.5-5.7GB of RAM (the latter appeared to be a memory leak) just sitting in the main menu.

Anyway I really need a 3 or 6 DIMM kit as I have three memory channels. Yes I'm still running on LGA1366.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS