Hardware Reserved Memory is Wasting Too Much RAM!

Jonthegenius

Reputable
Apr 12, 2015
Help! I have only 2GB of RAM, and only 1.6GB is usable. I am using Windows 10 x64, and I didn't encountered this problem before. Before, 1.8GB was usable. I only use this for basic internet stuff. I already did some research, and I think it's because that I only have on-board graphics on my processor. I already reformatted my pc, uncheck the max memory in msconfig, I also tweaked something in the regedit (based on YouTube), and nothing happened. Can somebody help? Help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Edit: This all happened when I enabled virtualisation in the BIOS.

Solution
2GB RAM, integrated graphics, and any Windows version of this decade....

Yes, that WILL be slow.

2GB and 1.6GB usable is very typical. Some of that 2TB needs to be reserved for te graphics subsystem to work.
There is nothing you can do about it, other than install more physical RAM. If possible.

I have 2 x systems with only [strike]2TB[/strike] 2GB RAM. There is no amount of messing about in the registry, or other magic dust you can sprinkle on it, to make it "fast".
(and stay out of the Registry unless you actually know what you're doing)

USAFRet

Titan
2GB RAM, integrated graphics, and any Windows version of this decade....

Yes, that WILL be slow.

2GB and 1.6GB usable is very typical. Some of that 2TB needs to be reserved for te graphics subsystem to work.
There is nothing you can do about it, other than install more physical RAM. If possible.

I have 2 x systems with only [strike]2TB[/strike] 2GB RAM. There is no amount of messing about in the registry, or other magic dust you can sprinkle on it, to make it "fast".
(and stay out of the Registry unless you actually know what you're doing)

Solution

"Only" two Terabytes ?? Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'd invest maybe $50 in a used low end 1 or 2GB GFX card.