Hardware Reserved Memory

Nov 13, 2018
Hey guys I have 4 gb of ram out of it
Only 932mbe is usable when I went to task manager I saw that 3.1gb of ram is hardware reserved I watched lots of youtube videos all were saying to uncheck the max memory and processor dialog when I went to Ms configuration I saw that they were already unchecked help me guys

Nov 13, 2018
No expert but noticed the following running Windows Home Premium. Resource Monitor umder Task Manager reports Installed memory of 6144 MB with 12 MB of Hardware Reserved. Going to msconfig>>General Tab Selective startup ✅ Load system services ✅ LOAD STARTUP ITEMS ✅. Boot tab >> Advanced options tab Number of processors ☐ Maximum memory ☐. If Number of processors ✅ and Maximum memory ✅ memory defaults to 6144 MB click ok and on previous screen apply and reboot. Task Manager reports Hardware Reserved of about 4096. It seems Hardware reserve memory can be allocated under these settings. Boot times etc. seem acceptable, tweaking may improve boot times I don't know.Anybody know how to control the memory allocation of processes?