Hardware toughness of GPU

erikdude27

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
Hi there!

I've bought the parts required for my first build. Building tomorrow. I've got the GPU now and I've taken it out of the package to look at it. It's still in the plastic bag, and I've touched to back of the PCB (while in the anti-static bag), is that all right to do?

How much of does the GPU handle hardware wise?

Regards,
Erik

erikdude27

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013

Kk, if I touch it, I'm like :"omg, is it okay?". Yaknow. How about the mobo then? Is it the other components the same?

erikdude27

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013

How can I check that it works 100% correctly once installed? I connect the HDMI wire to the motherboard when installing Windows 7, then once the GPU drivers are installed - I can move the HDMI wire to the GPU instead, right? Should I run a stress test too, just for peace of mind and to be 100% certain?

yeah you can, and you can run stress tests if you like. furmark and heavenly benchmark are good GPU stress tools. the motherboard i always pick up around the edges and try to make as little contact with little parts. not so much because my hand grease as much as i dont want to knock a piece loose

erikdude27

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013

How much force does the mobo, gpu, etc take before a PCB part would break loose?

erikdude27

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013

I put it on the table, and i rotated it while it was lying on the table (while in anti-static bag), and I've also as I said held it up my placing four of my fingers on the pcb (while in anti-static bag), and I'm building tomorrow. Really scared of it getting damaged - my first build ever

TRENDING THREADS