Question Hardware upgrade for Lenovo 130-15ast

Oct 18, 2019
Hi, I bought Lenovo 130-15ast laptop couple of months back. I am planning on using it for some web development. It is very slow even if I open chrome. Task manager says Disk Usage is close 100% always (reaches 100% occasionally). I am limiting myself from opening many applications while I work. I thinking on upgrading the hardware to support my development. Please recommend if this upgrade will help.
Current Config:
AMD A6, 4GM RAM, 1TB Hard Drive
Upgrade that I am planning:
Adding 8 more GB (12 in total), Replacing HDD with SSD
Please recommend if this will improve the performance. I use large applications like IDE's, Web Development tools and multi monitor setup

Oct 18, 2019
I think the SSD will improve your performance a lot.
Also....I agree with adding the RAM.....this will also help.
Thanks your response.
I am concerned if the AMD A6 can handle 12GB RAM. If AMD A6 cannot handle 12GB of RAM and SSD, there is no point in upgrading. I understand processor is pretty old and it will impact performance. Will it nullify any improvement provided by the new hardware?

John553

BANNED
Oct 5, 2019
Yes more RAM and an SSD will definitely speed things up. Here's the compatible RAM and here's the link to a good SSD (just pick whatever size you need). If you want to stick with the 8Gb RAM they also make the same kind in an 8 GB size.

Reactions: maxdamien27