Hardware Vendor Says Tariffs Raising Prices By Up to 10 Percent

frelledstl

Commendable
Sep 11, 2017
I guess this is what happens when you put a cheeto, who got his wealth by helping his Daddy commit tax fraud, in charge of the economy. I literally can't afford all this winning!!

frelledstl

Commendable
Sep 11, 2017
You two are funny and obviously don't understand economics. All these tariffs accomplish are hurting US consumers through higher priced goods, hurt US manufacturing by making parts and supply costs higher, and hurt our economic relationships with other countries causing them to align with our enemies. Having a trade deficit isn't necessary bad. In fact our trade deficit is driven more from the fact that the US is wealthy and we buy more goods because of that. Assuming that other countries are cheating us is simply letting xenophobic ideas drive economic decisions rather than numbers and facts. Assuming I am liberal because I think tariffs and the Orange Dictator are both stupid only shows that you are drinking the far right coolaid and are unable to reason for yourself not are you able to have adult conversation.

x_elusiv_x

Honorable
Nov 11, 2015
Whatever. The US is winning that trade war (look at the Yuan to US Dollar). The question is whether or not the Chinese can get over their pride and meet in the middle or whether or not they will just allow their economy to buckle. Im ok with higher costs. The job growth is the US is awesome...sorry, time for me to get back to work.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012

"Trumps Tariffs" going increase the prices on these computer parts (less users will buy) and small business (current and future) will not able to hold. Donald Trump will not succeed 2020 president term. Prepare for american to get less job openings.

The Intel i9 9900K, currently cost around $575 and applying these unnecessary tariffs, the price probably going become more than $625.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
Wonder what the vendor would say about prices, if we take into account for the costs of China's IP theft!? Pretty sure that one hasn't been completely calculated. Perhaps it's not as sexy a topic(or doesn't paint a certain US President in a bad light and thus can be ignored).

frelledstl

Commendable
Sep 11, 2017
If you're trying to stop IP theft, tariffs that raise prices for US consumers will not solve the problem. You can target individual items that are infringing, but blanket tariffs only hurt everyone.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015

This President works hard to create leverage, the tariffs are central to that effort with China in order to create the conditions that will allow a comprehensive fix to all the issues of trade and business with China. It's not terribly complicated..........

stdragon

Admirable
Long term, tariffs will hurt America. But that's not the point of them. It's to put the squeeze on China to bring them back to the negotiating table. It remains to be seen who will remain resilient and who will fold first. I could see it go ether way. China could be on the cusp of civil uprising once their debt bomb goes off. OTOH, if it hurts US consumers too much, the current administration will be voted out of power, and the tariffs rescinded.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015

Just cause you don't like it doesn't invalidate it. Whether it works with China has yet to be see, but it did OK with Canada and Mexico, and also perhaps the EU. It's quite likely the first time anyone has taken a firm line with China since they sent their troops to be slaughtered in Korea long ago.....

Edit. I forgot, the Vietnamese handed the Chinese their butts shortly after the Vietnam War ended.

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
Right now the tariffs are oddly working. You would think imports would be down. Production would be down. Yet production is up. The need to continue importing outweighs the cost of the tariffs. Federal revenue is up primarily due to the tariffs. It's baffling that the only explanation can be the terrible state of the economy before the tariffs were enacted.

schwatzz

Distinguished

What if China finds other trading partners? The USA can't compete with China on producing low priced goods

schwatzz

Distinguished

It's odd that the deficit is actually increasing, though, it might be too early to see the effects. In theory, businesses could be buying up while prices are cheaper if they are expecting more tariffs to be enacted in the future.

schwatzz

Distinguished

The trade deficit would seem to be getting worse. Higher costs? You might be well off, but based on a recent survey only 28% of Americans are "financially healthy". About 60% can't even come up $1k in an emergency. Those few bucks tacked on because of tariffs might hurt others more than you think.

fredfinks

Honorable

Too many live beyond their means.
I'm not american, but i think the tariffs are a good idea for the nation. (Also, the gluten free tears & hysterical shrieking in 2020 will be delicious. 'Resist!' LOL. Wonder if Madonna will get on a stage again and yell that she'll burn the white house down)

fredfinks

Honorable

Wonder what the odds will be. I made $500 last time (trump was 5 to 1 odds). The disconnect was outrageous and i'm on other side of the world. Since then the goalposts have shifted ever more and now centrists like me would be labelled ultra far right nazis. (i guess everyone to the right of mao)

Like Bill Burr appearing on one of those talk shows - he says 'due process' and the audience murmurs with disdain as if he said something vile. The left have gone literally insane.

x_elusiv_x

Honorable
Nov 11, 2015
What if China finds other trading partners? The USA can't compete with China on producing low priced goods

What other trading partner? Besides...if China decides they want to die on the hill...places like India will become more competitive. China's huge advantage right now is simply low wages but even that is drying up. Add to their long list of issues, there massive housing crisis, which if it ever does what happened here in 2008, they are screwed.

leslie.satenstein

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
My concern as a Canadian, is that our purchases do not reflect the tariff. I am looking to bypass Amazon, Newegg and other American suppliers if I have to pay US tariffs. Alibaba is willing to jump in with pre-tariff prices.

Does anyone know if the importer of American goods can ask for the tariff refund?

USAFRet

Titan

What "tariff refund"?

TRENDING THREADS