Question Hardware Volume Controller for 7.1 Headset

DocCovington

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
Hello folks,

I am desperately looking for a volume controller adapter like this one to connect between my Kingston HyperX Cloud II headset and my Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 sound card:

https://www.amazon.de/Kopfhörer-Lautstärke-Kontrolle-Verbindungen-Abgewinkelt/dp/B00Y1MYSYW/ref=asc_df_B00Y1MYSYW/?tag=comput0d-21

However, I can only find stereo ones. Is this one sufficient or will I lose the 5.1/7.1 surround sound when I plug my headset into these? (If so, what should I buy instead?)

Thanks in advance. :)

P.S. In case you wonder why: the headset only comes with a USB volume controller with an integrated sound card, which does not make sense to use when you want your headset directly plugged into your sound card. Furthermore, my current sound card's software (Sound Blaster Connect 2) is completely insufficient when it comes to headset volume calibration options, even in combination with Windows' volume controls. The sound is just too loud, also the software's equalizer fails at times so that the sudden volume spike almost blows your eardrums.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS