[SOLVED] Hardwire devices

Jan 9, 2020
I have a home networking that has a modem and an eero router connect to the modem and a switch(The switch is connected to the eero router because of fewer ethernet ports.) In another room, I want to be able to hardwire about 4-5 devices(receiver, tv, PlayStation, Xbox, light hub, apple tv) but I only have on ethernet outlet in this room. What is the most effective way to do this?

Solution
Thank you so much. I actually currently have an apple router in this room. What would change to change it to a switch? Sorry, I should have mentioned that in original post.
Small switches are pretty dumb devices. You plug them in and they just work. To get 5 devices, you probably want an 8 port switch since the uplink takes up one port so you only get 7 new ports.
Jan 9, 2020
Thank you so much. I actually currently have an apple router in this room. What would change to change it to a switch? Sorry, I should have mentioned that in original post.

kanewolf

Titan
Small switches are pretty dumb devices. You plug them in and they just work. To get 5 devices, you probably want an 8 port switch since the uplink takes up one port so you only get 7 new ports.

Solution