Harman Kardon HKTS-15 or Energy 5.1 Take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
the receiver you mentioned looks to be suitable. it has hdmi inputs and at least 80wpc which is fine for these size speakers. it should be all you need if it has the features you want.

yes, you *can* use other speakers with the 5.1 energy set if you like. the reason i suggested using identical energy speakers is so that they *match* the same sound profile as the rest of your set (so do not sound off/odd/different). there are many people which have a speaker system made up of different speakers (normally the same ones for both the left/right variants of a particular channel set though) and there are people who use larger speakers (floorstanders for instance) for fronts along with smaller speakers for rears. if using two different brand...

USAFRet

Titan

With this type of thing, only your ears know for sure which is better for you.

I have the Energy Take 5 Classic, with a PolkAudio sub
Awesome sound.

Either would probably be a good choice.

i cannot say i know much about the HK's but i do know about the energy and for the price the energy is a hard set to beat in terms of good sound for the price, in essence high value.

the subwoofer included in the energy set is punchy however not overly large. it will be good enough for most users needs however will not have the room shuddering bass that a larger subwoofer will provide (you can always upgrade and use another subwoofer)

from what i can find the HK set only has a 100w 10" subwoofer and the energy has a 200w 8" subwoofer. while you cannot always go by that, i would say the energy sub is likely a bit more powerful.

USAFRet

Titan

The Classic is the 5 speaker set, minus the sub.
I have ZERO complaints.

Adding the PolkAudio 10" sub, and still no complaints.
Very, very hard to beat for the price.

(myself coming from a history of JBL, AltecLansing, Infinity...)

Ray-Briggs

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
I have a Yamaha RX-V577 which is 7.2 capable, so if i wanted to add two more speakers in the future how would i know which would work with it? Also, would the energy take classic work with the Yamaha RX-V577?

USAFRet

Titan

Well, I don't have the EnergyTake sub, so I can't comment. I can't imagine it would be bad, though.

Again, your ears are the key. I'm quite sure some people would laugh at these choices as being too plebian, and not 'audiophile'. To those people, I say "Bah!"

if you have a 7.2 capable receiver then yes you can make it a 7.1 set in the future by adding two single energy take speakers. i'm not sure they generally sell retail individually but i've seen a few sources (amazon/ebay) where you can purchase individuals.

Ray-Briggs

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015

So I wouldn't be able to use a different brand of speakers with the energy take speakers?

the receiver you mentioned looks to be suitable. it has hdmi inputs and at least 80wpc which is fine for these size speakers. it should be all you need if it has the features you want.

yes, you *can* use other speakers with the 5.1 energy set if you like. the reason i suggested using identical energy speakers is so that they *match* the same sound profile as the rest of your set (so do not sound off/odd/different). there are many people which have a speaker system made up of different speakers (normally the same ones for both the left/right variants of a particular channel set though) and there are people who use larger speakers (floorstanders for instance) for fronts along with smaller speakers for rears. if using two different brand speakers though sometimes the sound signatures can sound a bit *off* though it is ultimately your own design if you feel this is the case or not (sound is a very personal thing)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS