[SOLVED] Has any Graphics Card ever had VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs?

mongoose001

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
So I'm going through my Stash of spare parts looking for extra monitors to re-use, and testing them all. I had the thought that I should make up a test-rig to test components, so I'd like to know if there has ever been a graphics card that had ALL the types of connectors - VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort, etc.
I have a bunch of converters, but I'd like a card with as many different types natively as possible.
The power and speed of the card is irrelevant - all I'll be doing is testing monitors and other components, not gaming or mining.
The most important thing is the maximum number of different outputs.
So, what's the maximum number of different outputs on any card, ever?

Solution
that's what i figured you were thinking which is not a bad idea at all. however, i have just never seen such a card. instead of needing every different connection, you can get a card with 4 outputs and then use a single adapter to get that last one you need (most likely the vga is what will be missing). then you still have the 4 cables ready to go with no need to reach behind the system.

what you can do if you have the time is go to partpicker and filter for having at least one hdmi, dp and dvi. and then go through the results and see if one also has a vga on it. might take some time but at least you know 3 of the 4 are there for sure.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#D=1,4&H=1,4&O=1,4&sort=price&page=1

So I'm going through my Stash of spare parts looking for extra monitors to re-use, and testing them all. I had the thought that I should make up a test-rig to test components, so I'd like to know if there has ever been a graphics card that had ALL the types of connectors - VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort, etc.
I have a bunch of converters, but I'd like a card with as many different types natively as possible.
The power and speed of the card is irrelevant - all I'll be doing is testing monitors and other components, not gaming or mining.
No why?

i don't recall such a thing, but dvi, hdmi and dp are easy to find. then a simple adapter gets you the vga easy enough
he states clearly to test monitors. i assume he wishes to leave each cable hooked up and then connect the right one without having to mess with swapping them around
fair sorry my brain skips a lot and reason being you dont see gpus with all the outputs is it slows the gpu down trying to have all outputs in this one bus

mongoose001

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
i don't recall such a thing, but dvi, hdmi and dp are easy to find. then a simple adapter gets you the vga easy enough
I wanted to avoid add-on passive adaptors because they stick out, and I was thinking of a compact open breadboard rig
or (better) a small old case - configured as a Back-To-Front case. The outputs on the expansion slots are at the new front (old back), the PSU is in the old 5.25 drive slots with mains cable going the CD drive slots. Mount a momentery switch with a Molly-Guard on a spare expansion slot blanking plate along with USB and front panel ports and possibly rivet a suitcase type handle in the top for carrying. Reverse all the fans and mount the whole case on the shelf over my workshop bench.
Looking Super Ghetto is extra points.
The design goal is that I can plug in any cable without having to reach around the back (that's what she said) and just test any monitor.
So, since it is ONLY for testing stuff, the card can be old, slow and hopefuly, cheap.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that's what i figured you were thinking which is not a bad idea at all. however, i have just never seen such a card. instead of needing every different connection, you can get a card with 4 outputs and then use a single adapter to get that last one you need (most likely the vga is what will be missing). then you still have the 4 cables ready to go with no need to reach behind the system.

what you can do if you have the time is go to partpicker and filter for having at least one hdmi, dp and dvi. and then go through the results and see if one also has a vga on it. might take some time but at least you know 3 of the 4 are there for sure.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#D=1,4&H=1,4&O=1,4&sort=price&page=1

1974 results for having at least the 3 of them. but they don't filter for vga anymore, but at least its a start. older cards are not likely to have 4 outputs though as they did not support 4 screens so they did not include a ton of outputs.

this 570 actually has 4 outputs with 2 being dvi. probably the best you can do and an active dvi to vga is easy and cheap to find

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xRmLrH/zotac-video-card-zt5020410m

Solution