[SOLVED] Has anybody got experience with the LC Power LC1200 V2,4?

brotherbart

Reputable
Jul 20, 2018
I am from the Netherlands and I have the possibility to get one for 120 euro's or 107 ponds.
I can't find any reviews of the powersupply and I wanted to know if it was any desent.

If you have any experience with the brand or this PSU in specific please tell me.

Solution
I am from the Netherlands and I have the possibility to get one for 120 euro's or 107 ponds.
I can't find any reviews of the powersupply and I wanted to know if it was any desent.

If you have any experience with the brand or this PSU in specific please tell me.

LC Power in general is a lower quality brand with only a few of their products being good. I don't think any of them were past just good.

If you are looking for a 1,200 watt power supply you are probably powering something expensive, I would get a known good quality power supply for that.

The lowest cost good quality PSU with 1,200 watt is a bit over $200 USD. Corsair HX or EVGA SuperNova are both in the low 200s.

Veloci

Commendable
Jun 17, 2019
1,200W rated output sounds a bit too extreme, mate. Are you planning to run 2 x Vega 64s or perhaps a mining rig with it?! For most scenarios, a 450W = 650W PSU is enough. More than enough, in fact.

In any case, I've never heard of this brand before, but that doesn't mean it's terrible. It could be quite the opposite, for all we know.

You've two options:
  1. Get a smaller 650-750W PSU from a reputed brand (Seasonic comes to mind).
  2. If you MUST have 1,200W output then check the voltages of the three rails first, before putting it to good use. If they are well within 5% tolerance then you're good. Otherwise, buy something else. And keep an eye on your PSU's temperature and periodically check it to see if it's overheating. I, for one, use my good old hand after few hours of stress testing. If PSU feels lukewarm then it's most likely good. Whereas if it feels hot to the touch then there's a good chance that it might go kaput in near future!
Hope it helps.

LC Power in general is a lower quality brand with only a few of their products being good. I don't think any of them were past just good.

If you are looking for a 1,200 watt power supply you are probably powering something expensive, I would get a known good quality power supply for that.

The lowest cost good quality PSU with 1,200 watt is a bit over $200 USD. Corsair HX or EVGA SuperNova are both in the low 200s.

Solution