Question Has anyone else been experiencing micro stutters with Ryzen 5800x and AMD Sapphire 6800XT?

Jun 13, 2022
I am about at my wits end trying to figure out why I'm experiencing an issue with micro stuttering. I am hopeful that after speaking with people in this forum, I can help come to a conclusion for the initial cause of this problem. I currently have a Ryzen 5800x AMD RX 6800xt dual channel 8x2 GB ddr4 g still ripped Jaws rated at 3200 MHz two solid state drives one of which being m.2 and two hdds at 4 TB 7200 RPM. As for power supply I'm using a Corsair rmx 750 w. I have tried many things to resolve this issue and each time the issue persists starting with the simple things like using ddu and reinstalling drivers, disabling and enabling game bar changing my power management monitoring the task manager and other computer utilization tools. Other than that I have also reinstalled windows and lowered graphical settings on games as well as clearing any corrupt files via command prompt and disabling all overlays such as discord in the AMD adrenaline software. Each game I play experiences FBS stutter ranging from 10 frames to 100 depending on the title. I have lowered all graphics settings to the lowest point with no difference. On a side note I did disable TPM after reading on a form from AMD about causing stuttering issues via the MOBA. While playing games my CPU tends to stay under 20% utilization and my GPU also is not being fully utilized. Available ram ranges around 7:00 to 9 GB at a time well gaming and temperatures for my CPU and GPU stay within acceptable metrics. The Rx 6800xt idols around 43 c under full load ranges from 66 Celsius to 71 but never any higher. My Verizon 5800x the little micro furnace idols about 40 Celsius under full load I've seen it reach as high as 91 celsius. I am using thermal grizzly crown up for thermal paste and I'm using a triple fan or 360 rad to cool. For the most part my CPU average around 67 Celsius while gaming benchmarking it's usually in the high 80s. Sorry if this is all over the place I'm currently walking my dog and using voice to text.

Jun 24, 2022
I have had the same issue for a while and here is what I have for a setup.

AMD 5800X
CoolerMaster 240R AIO Cooler
Gigabyte AORUS x570 Ultra
Gigabyte AORUS 6800XT Master 16G
Kingston Fury 2x16GB @ 3200
2x Samsung 970 Nvme
2x 1TB HDD
Corsair 850w Power supply.

I did quite a bit of research on this issue and I have solved my problems by doing the following:

1. Update BIOS to any BIOS posted after May 2022. It was a known issue with AMD and they released a BIOS update to all Manufactures around that time (Mine was the F36c update)
  2. In your BIOS, find fTPME 2.0 and turn that thing off.
  3. Update your AMD chipset drivers as there was a release around mid-March.
Since I did these 3 things I have no more stutters in any of the games that I experienced the micro stutter (DCS, FH5, AC Valhalla, etc). My GPU at it's high value is 60c and idles at 32c. My videocard has never gone any higher than 55c under full loads.

Jun 27, 2022
I am about at my wits end trying to figure out why I'm experiencing an issue with micro stuttering. I am hopeful that after speaking with people in this forum, I can help come to a conclusion for the initial cause of this problem. I currently have a Ryzen 5800x AMD RX 6800xt dual channel 8x2 GB ddr4 g still ripped Jaws rated at 3200 MHz two solid state drives one of which being m.2 and two hdds at 4 TB 7200 RPM. As for power supply I'm using a Corsair rmx 750 w. I have tried many things to resolve this issue and each time the issue persists starting with the simple things like using ddu and reinstalling drivers, disabling and enabling game bar changing my power management monitoring the task manager and other computer utilization tools. Other than that I have also reinstalled windows and lowered graphical settings on games as well as clearing any corrupt files via command prompt and disabling all overlays such as discord in the AMD adrenaline software. Each game I play experiences FBS stutter ranging from 10 frames to 100 depending on the title. I have lowered all graphics settings to the lowest point with no difference. On a side note I did disable TPM after reading on a form from AMD about causing stuttering issues via the MOBA. While playing games my CPU tends to stay under 20% utilization and my GPU also is not being fully utilized. Available ram ranges around 7:00 to 9 GB at a time well gaming and temperatures for my CPU and GPU stay within acceptable metrics. The Rx 6800xt idols around 43 c under full load ranges from 66 Celsius to 71 but never any higher. My Verizon 5800x the little micro furnace idols about 40 Celsius under full load I've seen it reach as high as 91 celsius. I am using thermal grizzly crown up for thermal paste and I'm using a triple fan or 360 rad to cool. For the most part my CPU average around 67 Celsius while gaming benchmarking it's usually in the high 80s. Sorry if this is all over the place I'm currently walking my dog and using voice to text.

I have the exact same issue and tried solving it like you SecreShark. I am done.. really. I got this super expensive Card 6900XT (Sapphire Nitro +) since February and was really busy with work. Now that I have some time to test it it´s just a disappointment.

My system:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
AMD Radeon 6900XT Sapphire Nitro +#
Mainboard: MPG B550 Gaming Edge Wifi
RAM: 2x 16 GB Corsair DDR 4 3600 Mhz
Flash Storage: Samsung SSD 1TB

Bought all new in February.

I get somewhat good fps but still disappointing when I am looking at people playing games like Escape from Tarkov etc. with a nvidia card and Intel CPU.

Up until now I tried the following:

• Reinstall Windows
  • Reinstall GPU Drivers (with DDU)
  • Turning on SAM / turning off SAM
  • Try specific settings in AMD Adrenalin Software (Setting up GPU Clock etc.)
  • Updating my Bios to the newest one (after May 2022)
  • Disabling TPM 2.0 in Bios
  • Disabling SMT in Bios

But the issue is still the same: The GPU randomly drops down to round about 0 clock while playing causing micro stuttering which is lethal to playing FPS.

If ANYONE has an idea or fixed this issue somehow, I´d be really glad to hear it.
I spent around 3,5k+ on this new PC just to play my favorite game in my rare free time fluently on high fps, but it´s just disappointing.

Best regards,
Trabi