Has anyone else had issues with B&H?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrarunner100

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Hi all;
I don't know what it is about B&H Photo/Video, but it seems that every time I have placed an order with them, I did not receive the order within the time promised. Each time, I ordered only items that were in stock. I live in NJ, only 6 miles from Manhattan, so within the 1-day ground shipping limits for UPS. Yet, I mostly do not receive my order in a timely manner.
My most recent order (which was several years ago now) was for a Nikon branded lithium battery for my D200 camera.
The item was in stock. After a few days I had not received the item, and no e-mail from B&H. So I sent an e-mail to them.
I received a reply that I would classify as nothing short of a 'blow-off'. The guy was curt and very unfriendly. I think the words he used was "we will ship your order any day now". Like a TV commercial for the other brand... ha ha.

So, you can probably understand then why I might be inclined to purchase my computer components from Newegg or Amazon even when B&H offers the lowest price.

Has anyone else had any negative experience with B&H?

Thanks for your input
Ultrarunner

Bought my first DSLR from them, arrived earlier than expected (west coast), and 2 weeks later the price had dropped.
I noticed this on my own, but they did refund me the difference.
Only downside was I was eligible for 4% back on the order, but once they refunded the difference it reset the 60 day wait for the rebate.

Reactions: bandhphoto

bandhphoto

Distinguished
Official Forum Representative
Jul 20, 2012
Hi all;
I don't know what it is about B&H Photo/Video, but it seems that every time I have placed an order with them, I did not receive the order within the time promised. Each time, I ordered only items that were in stock. I live in NJ, only 6 miles from Manhattan, so within the 1-day ground shipping limits for UPS. Yet, I mostly do not receive my order in a timely manner.

I am very sorry for your dissatisfaction and apologize for any instance when we failed to live up to our ETA. Right now we're laboring under constraints imposed by the Covid-19 situation. This includes delayed orders and shipping. Among the steps we're taking are to close our warehouse Sundays for a thorough cleaning and sterilization. We have also imposed and enforce strict distancing rules and have taken other steps to protect our employees and customers.

Right now our checkout page says, "Please Note: B&H and our shipping partners are doing our best under difficult circumstances to deliver your order quickly and safely. It is possible that some shipments may experience unforeseen delays. We appreciate your understanding and patience."

Reactions: uuu

ultrarunner100

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I am very sorry for your dissatisfaction and apologize for any instance when we failed to live up to our ETA. Right now we're laboring under constraints imposed by the Covid-19 situation. This includes delayed orders and shipping. Among the steps we're taking are to close our warehouse Sundays for a thorough cleaning and sterilization. We have also imposed and enforce strict distancing rules and have taken other steps to protect our employees and customers.

Right now our checkout page says, "Please Note: B&H and our shipping partners are doing our best under difficult circumstances to deliver your order quickly and safely. It is possible that some shipments may experience unforeseen delays. We appreciate your understanding and patience."
Thanks Henry;
The issue I was referring to occurred several years ago. I am sure the less than courteous reply I received by e-mail was an isolated incident, relating to one employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.