Has anyone encountered bait and switch from sellers of new and used mobo's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Alan

Prominent
Aug 9, 2022
I got on New Egg and ordered a new board that was first released in 2017. This was a later generation board and it's possible it was made after that. They had several variations after the initial mobo-a was released. It went as far as -f then a beefed up pro version came out. So, I ordered a new board so I could get a warranty. I wait a day and get a message from the seller that they are sorry but all sold out and offered a used one at a discount. Used like new they said, So I declined the offer and the next day another company just so happened to pop into new egg with the exact model. So I bought that one. The first company already made up a shipping label before I declined the used one, but it might not have actually been shipped yet I . The timing couldn't be more perfect as new egg let's you cancel an order before shipping instructions were received and the seller is closed on the weekends. So I cancelled it to the sellers message and messaged new egg to cancel that order. Nobody would make up a shipping label for an item that wasn't in stock. So, were they counting on me accepting the used model or was the whole thing timed to get the used one prepared for shipping so I couldn't easily cancel the order. I'm not to concerned really because they don't have what I ordered. A NEW ONE with a warranty. It just seems like bait and switch, so I thought I'd ask if this is becomming a common problem or just a fluke thing. Anyone else with a similar story?

Alan Alan

Prominent
Aug 9, 2022
they could be selling on other platforms aswell, which means out of stock wont appear as fast as on private e shop
Probably, they did inform new egg they were out of stock and offered me a used one but did say they would issue a refund if I didn't want it. I don't understand why they would make up a shipping label for something they don' t have. I guess they had the shipping weight on file and just leaped before they looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.