Has anyone ever had this issue with a dualshock 4 controller or just me (power/battery related)?

Ru1984

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
Whats up everyone,

Among other issues I am having with my ds4 (jdm-040 board), this one has me scratching my head: I'm having to use the usb cable to pair it because I'm having bluetooth sync issues. It works just fine wirelessly when I unplug the cable; however, the issue is when I turn my ps4 off (with the ds4) and press the PS button on the controller to power it on again, the controller remains unresponsive for about 2 min. (no light, nothing) and shows no signs of life. After about 2 min., I then get a flashing white light when pressing the PS button but my ps4 remains off. I have recently replaced the battery, charge port and ribbon cable but the issue remains. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ruben

Lutfij

Titan
Oddly enough, there are people who have even tried adding aluminum foil under the controller(as if it were a hood scoop/air duct) to help bounce the signal off of the controller and to get better reception. Sony's controller has been both up and down when it comes to issues.

Ru1984

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
Oddly enough, there are people who have even tried adding aluminum foil under the controller(as if it were a hood scoop/air duct) to help bounce the signal off of the controller and to get better reception. Sony's controller has been both up and down when it comes to issues.

No doubt about that, I had a ds4 (jdm-030 board) which developed an unresponsive R2 button issue, and I never got it to work so I sold it for parts. I replaced the battery, rubber pads, ribbon cables and USB charging board but no dice. I'm guessing the main controller chip on the board was bad. For my 040 controller, I actually ended purchasing an oem board and mid frame only (luckily a jdm-040 as well) from a seller on eBay, swapped it in and is working as it should. I still have the faulty board and will attempt to fix it but if I can't, I will use it for parts. If I recall correctly, the problems started when I was using the controller on my laptop to play retro games. Thanks for the input.

Ruben