[SOLVED] Has anyone experienced any gaming issues with a 2070 super?

Biggy Cent

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
I'm looking to buy one to put in my new PC, buddy of mine has one and I guess it crashes everytime he tries to play Call of Duty. Hes got the EVGA one, im assuming its just a bad card or another issue with his system but I wanted to hear what everyone else had to say about the card itself.

Solution
I had a RTX 2070 Super until recently, and I was very satisfied with it. I play games at 1440p and the performance was pretty much perfect for the 1440p resolution while still delivering high FPS

I didn't have a reason to switch to my current GPU really, considering price and performance the 2070 Super was a better choice

Never had a driver issue either, there were frequent updates, they always worked well and I never really experinced problems in relation to the drivers. I don't like GeFore Experience though, but that's an personal opinion

There are a lot of variables at play when people experience a lot of issues. Everything from a potentially faulty piece of hardware to user error, but something which is often seen, is people who...
I had a RTX 2070 Super until recently, and I was very satisfied with it. I play games at 1440p and the performance was pretty much perfect for the 1440p resolution while still delivering high FPS

I didn't have a reason to switch to my current GPU really, considering price and performance the 2070 Super was a better choice

Never had a driver issue either, there were frequent updates, they always worked well and I never really experinced problems in relation to the drivers. I don't like GeFore Experience though, but that's an personal opinion

There are a lot of variables at play when people experience a lot of issues. Everything from a potentially faulty piece of hardware to user error, but something which is often seen, is people who has a different component is their PC casuing issues, and the GPU is mistakingly blamed - an inadequate PSU is certianly not a rare reason for that.

Sometimes people don't keep their drivers up to date, or it could be some other reason - so I wouldn't personally be too concerned with your friends' bad experiences, although I must admit, that when people you know have problems with PC hardware, it makes more of an impression on you.

But if the RTX 2070 Super series of GPUs were genreally of poor quality suffering from a barrage of problems, I think there would have been more information on the topic, on forums and in reviews. They seem to have a pretty good reputation, as far as I have noticed

The only times I can remember I have seen poeple recommend something else, would be based on an AMD option offering better price vs performance.
But I don't think I've seen actual advice given against the 2070 Super based on poor quality and high failure rates

Last edited:
Reactions: Biggy Cent
Solution
Apr 2, 2020
Change your exe launcher in your files to .exe1 (Helped my friend). You'll have to do this everytime you open the game and make sure the game is already open. I believe its something to do with the anti-cheat? I think he said overloading itself.

Reactions: Biggy Cent

Biggy Cent

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
Change your exe launcher in your files to .exe1 (Helped my friend). You'll have to do this everytime you open the game and make sure the game is already open. I believe its something to do with the anti-cheat? I think he said overloading itself.

So you have to open the game then change it? Or change it, open the game, and then change it again?