[SOLVED] Has anyone got a good fan curve for a on fan GTX 1650

Jakubrr

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021
My gtx 1650 is running hot when i play games so does anyone have a good fan curve or know how to make fan curves?

Solution
You can make fan curves in MSI Afterburner or whatever software goes with your unspecified brand of GPU. It would be unusual for a 1650 to run that hot considering it's a very low power GPU; what are you defining as hot? Specifics are always useful and there's a lot of information missing from your post (temperatures, brand, case/case configuration, ambient temperature).

As for other people's fan curves, they're not useful person-to-person. While GPUs are the same, situations are not. A suitable fan curve for someone using an RTX 3080 in a small form factor case in a hot environment is going to be very different from an RTX 3080 in a large airy case with good airflow in an air-conditioned room. It's something that can only properly be...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
You can make fan curves in MSI Afterburner or whatever software goes with your unspecified brand of GPU. It would be unusual for a 1650 to run that hot considering it's a very low power GPU; what are you defining as hot? Specifics are always useful and there's a lot of information missing from your post (temperatures, brand, case/case configuration, ambient temperature).

As for other people's fan curves, they're not useful person-to-person. While GPUs are the same, situations are not. A suitable fan curve for someone using an RTX 3080 in a small form factor case in a hot environment is going to be very different from an RTX 3080 in a large airy case with good airflow in an air-conditioned room. It's something that can only properly be done by the person at their computer, through experimentation and testing to find a good balance of noise and cooling.

Solution

Jakubrr

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021

As for other people's fan curves, they're not useful person-to-person. While GPUs are the same, situations are not. A suitable fan curve for someone using an RTX 3080 in a small form factor case in a hot environment is going to be very different from an RTX 3080 in a large airy case with good airflow in an air-conditioned room. It's something that can only properly be done by the person at their computer, through experimentation and testing to find a good balance of noise and cooling.
The temps are between 70-80 when I play games, I have a H510 case

Yes ! having a solid front panel along with a radiator in the front increases case temperatures.
The small amount of air coming in the front is then mixed with recirculated warm case air and blown through the radiator. Here it picks up heat from the CPU and is blown inside the case.
Now your video card is being cooled by warm air instead of cool outside air.
Some cases are built for looks and others are built for performance.
Very few cases excel at both.

Jakubrr

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021
Yes ! having a solid front panel along with a radiator in the front increases case temperatures.
The small amount of air coming in the front is then mixed with recirculated warm case air and blown through the radiator. Here it picks up heat from the CPU and is blown inside the case.
Now your video card is being cooled by warm air instead of cool outside air.
Some cases are built for looks and others are built for performance.
Very few cases excel at both.
Should I change the fan configuration at the back of the case? Top and rear are outtake so should I flip one of them?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The H510 manages fine if the hardware is low power. GTX 1650 isn't a power hog.
I'd question the gpu cooler - is it an Asus Phoenix, or some other single fan card? Those are going to have mediocre thermal performance.

The front AIO is kind of unfortunate though. The air resistance is stacked(front panel + radiator) and the fans have to work pretty hard to get air in through all that.