Has anyone heard of Xidax Computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmcinvaille

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I have been seeing them advertise wondering if anyone has heard of them. They have a chat system and seem nice but they look really new just wondering if they are trust worthy.

Solution
take a look at www.ncix.com
click on custom computers

ncix is a huge retail seller of computer parts and they build computers as well. i was playing around and the prices seem pretty reasonable.

for a general gaming computer i would say:

assuming you want to overclock
i5-4670k
at least a hyper 212 evo cooler if not better.
z87 motherboard from asus
8gb 2x4 1600mhz (or 1866mhz if not much more) ram from corsair, gskill, mushkin
120 or 240gb ssd for boot (would suggest samsung or intel)
1tb hdd
650w psu (or 750-850w if you want to add a card in later on) from seasonic or xfx. (can use a corsair RM or HX though as well)
780ti graphics card
corsair 750d case

something along those lines will max bf4 at ultra at 1080p. might need to sli...
another thread here on th
https://www.google.com/search?q=xidax+computers&oq=xidax+computers&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j69i61j69i60.4373j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

they look a bit overpriced. comparable to alienware prices it would seem.
http://xidax.com/desktops/x-8/standard

i've never heard of them myself. i believe they came around some time in 2013
http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/1112856406/xidax-highend-gaming-pcs-debut-featuring-lifetime-desktop-parts-warranty/

as far as my thoughts?

-from what i can see they seem to be rather on top of consumer reviews and feedback which is a good thing.
-the upgade prices for parts are inflated over prices you would actually pay to buy the upgrades in retail however are nowhere near as inflated as alienware.
-for the money, lets say $1600 for the x-8 basic you could get a much more powerful system by building it youself. there really isnt a need to use a x79 and i7e at this price range for a gaming computer. it would not be a bad choice for professional cpu heavy tasks though.
-i like the fact that they list each and every part they put into the machine instead of not listing or hiding this information from you. i'm a bit dissapointed that they do not appear to show graphics cards with non-reference designs and your choices are a bit limited in some areas though but at least they provide more details than other brands do.

TLDR?

looks new to me. i would guess from 2013.

looks to be better than alienware but you could build a pc yourself and get more for your money.

bmcinvaille

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Yeah I just do not have time. I got 2 kids and one is here all the time with a disabilty and he is very active. So I honestly just do not have the time unless is night then the wife is home and such. I can pay the extra to have someone build I see they are BBB accredited. I just wanna see if anyone has ordered from them.

well the BBB is a complete joke. i would honestly rely on reading some professional reviews or some good detailed consumer reviews however i've been unable to find any with moderate searching. all i see is the happy go lucky 5 star pefect two sentence reviews or mention that they accept bitcoin payments and have some sort of parts warranty.

what sort of price range were you looking for as well as what kind of needs/wants do you have? if this is to play games what sort of games at what resolution? perhaps we can find a vendor who has something decent for the price which ideally fits your needs. just list all your requirements.

bmcinvaille

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Budget us $3000-3500 I will be gaming at 1080p may go up to 1440p later on. It is for gaming i play MMOs,Shooters, almost anything worth playing I am all over the board the FPS are mostly for my oldest son.

bmcinvaille

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I did find it weird I asked them in chat if they had systems on Amazon they said it wasnt them but used systems. But when you click it then it says Xidax Systems with the same models they have. And when I was talking to he guy I had picked the crucial 960gb ssd and he said they would upgrade it to the samsung evo 1tb ssd which is a good $110-120 difference.

bmcinvaille

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I am also talking to Ironside Computers they do video reviews on there systems and I have seen quite a bit on there and they do not seem as overpriced.

take a look at www.ncix.com
click on custom computers

ncix is a huge retail seller of computer parts and they build computers as well. i was playing around and the prices seem pretty reasonable.

for a general gaming computer i would say:

assuming you want to overclock
i5-4670k
at least a hyper 212 evo cooler if not better.
z87 motherboard from asus
8gb 2x4 1600mhz (or 1866mhz if not much more) ram from corsair, gskill, mushkin
120 or 240gb ssd for boot (would suggest samsung or intel)
1tb hdd
650w psu (or 750-850w if you want to add a card in later on) from seasonic or xfx. (can use a corsair RM or HX though as well)
780ti graphics card
corsair 750d case

something along those lines will max bf4 at ultra at 1080p. might need to sli to do 1440p at ultra or drop down to high. see this link for estimated performance. http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2013/11/27/battlefield-4-performance-analysis/3

i used an i5 since you really dont need an i7 for gaming (it adds hyperthreading) though if you intend to do not just gaming but other tasks or if you want to record games then you could step up to an i7.

if you dont want to overclock then get a non K suffixed cpu (like the i5-4670) with a h87 motherboard instead.

Solution

ph4rcyde

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
I own a xidax they are AMAZING. you wont find equal build quality EXCEPT with maybe origin.and with the free lifetime parts guarantee....the "over inflated" prices are WELL worth the money if something breaks on one of their pcs 10 years after you own it...theyll replace the part for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.