[SOLVED] Has anyone mounted a GPU like this?

alan.campbell99

Reputable
Sep 11, 2017
I happened to be idly watching one of the videos that play while browsing a news article here, it was an MSI one I think. Looking at one of the cases a thought came to mind; has anyone ever mounted a graphics card such that it's almost fully exposed at either the front of the case or top, as a way of showing it off? So rather than seeing a bunch of case/radiator fans you see the card instead. Display cables could be interesting but I'd imagine you can get right-angled AUX power connectors?

tennis2

Judicious
https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=910&area=en

In "traditional" mATX/ATX tower orientations, usually the GPU would be mounted with a 90 degree adapter placing it up against the windowed side panel. Moving it to the front panel makes bringing the wires from your monitors into the case a bit challenging. Not to mention the awkward double bend that the PCIe riser cable would need to take (the riser cables are usually a form of ribbon shape)

Placing fans/GPUs too close to glass is a thermal no-no, but hey, form over function!

tennis2

Judicious
https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=910&area=en

In "traditional" mATX/ATX tower orientations, usually the GPU would be mounted with a 90 degree adapter placing it up against the windowed side panel. Moving it to the front panel makes bringing the wires from your monitors into the case a bit challenging. Not to mention the awkward double bend that the PCIe riser cable would need to take (the riser cables are usually a form of ribbon shape)

Placing fans/GPUs too close to glass is a thermal no-no, but hey, form over function!

alan.campbell99

Reputable
Sep 11, 2017
Oh I wasn't thinking it would be easy or practical ;) [would also have to deal with case airflow management]. What if the MB was oriented so that the PCIe slot was vertical rather than horizontal. Could probably only do that with an ITX MB with one slot.

ASK THE COMMUNITY