[SOLVED] Has anyone seen adapters to make pcie gen4 work with x8 lanes of pcie3 and what bout Gen 5

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
Iv looked for these but can't find any not even sure they exist but does anyone know of any adapters that take gen3 lanes x8 for 1x4 Gen 4 pcie?

What about Gen 5 ssds can't you use 16lanes to make a 4x Gen 5 or 8x 3.0lanes for a gen4 ssd?

I think on the board I have the dmi link is the limiter cause it's not rm direct off the cpu and instead through chipset but what about gen5 ssds or adapters using 8x 3.0 lanes for a 4xgen 4 lane and same with Gen 5 has anyone seen these kind of adaoters

Solution
Iv looked for these but can't find any not even sure they exist but does anyone know of any adapters that take gen3 lanes x8 for 1x4 Gen 4 pcie?

What about Gen 5 ssds can't you use 16lanes to make a 4x Gen 5 or 8x 3.0lanes for a gen4 ssd?

I think on the board I have the dmi link is the limiter cause it's not rm direct off the cpu and instead through chipset but what about gen5 ssds or adapters using 8x 3.0 lanes for a 4xgen 4 lane and same with Gen 5 has anyone seen these kind of adaoters
"Out of CPU" (as far as PCIe lanes are concerned) is an advantage.
You can't have an adapter from earlier PCIe versions to new ones because speed is determined and limited by CPU and chipset, connectors are all same for all versions, only...

"Out of CPU" (as far as PCIe lanes are concerned) is an advantage.
You can't have an adapter from earlier PCIe versions to new ones because speed is determined and limited by CPU and chipset, connectors are all same for all versions, only frequency and protocols are different.

Solution